• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    My son and I took his future father in law to the range for his first time shooting. He had been talking about getting a .22 rifle like one of his buddies has. Started him off with a GSG 1911 .22 which he did pretty well with. Next let him shoot another 1911 in 9mm. He did okay with that one too. Proceeded to the rifle range where we started with a 10-22. Next up was the Marlin 39A with a scope. He shot the center out of the bullseye at 25yards with that one. We also let him take a few shots with the AR-15 and a SKS. After the range we headed straight to Dicks and he ordered a Henry octagonal barrel .22 lever gun. I think he will really enjoy that gun and maybe get more interested in the shooting sports.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I was just going to start a new thread about this, but I'll hijack yours instead. My 16 year old son's best friend is from a very liberal family. I took him shooting last weekend (with his father's permission) and he loved it. I thought we were going to need a crowbar to pry him out of there when we were finished.

Scenery at the place where we shoot (the snow capped mountain on the horizon is Pikes Peak)

Yucca blooming

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Sounds like dad in law had a great time. An experience he will remember.
    CrazySm....awesome pics wow, what a great place to shoot

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Sounds like we got 2 converts to the lifestyle. The kid does have to get rid of those skinny jeans. Since his manhood just grew twice their size, I'm sure he doesn't have any room for them in those jeans now!

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Wow, what a nice place to shoot. That first picture looks like he was shooting an AR. What caliber was that?

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    great first time stories. About the liberals' son not wanting to leave...a typical response when one is allowed to choose. It is odd that a group so repressive and restrictive calls themselves liberals.

Florida_11B

Jun 10, 2016
    I remember when I took my Father-in-law, sister-in-law and brother-in-law to a range for their first time. They are all very anti gun because of lack of knowledge. I made sure they were informed but not too overwhelmed before going and they had an absolute blast. Little did they know that they literally fired about $400 worth of ammo. But hey we now have three more people on our side. I am glad that your father-in-law made the transition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom