• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    I paid $59 but it came with a 4 x 15 Tasco.
    Used to shoot a brick a week. They would stop running after a few years ( feed throat I think?) so I would just buy another.

Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh
    I got my model 60 from the Best store on rt 40 in Rosedale back in the late 80's. Still a great,shooting gun.

Chaim

Aug 10, 2008
    Columbia
    I got my Marlin 60 around 1999 (my first gun) for $100ish new at...I think it was Walmart (maybe Ellicott City). It is accurate and fun, though a little finicky with ammo. When .22LR was easy to come by I simply shot only CCI Mini-Mag and CCI Stingers out of it. Now that it is still pretty much get what you can get, I put up with an occasional hiccup. Love the gun, but I may buy a 2nd Ruger 10/22 (I sold one I used to have) or another .22 bolt rifle (sold the Remington 581 I used to have) to go with it (and eat the ammo the Model 60 doesn't like). It is a lot of fun though (finicky on ammo or not) and, like I said, I've sold all my other .22s but will always keep this one.

LOL i'll bet a while ago, makes me remember I picked up a Winchester 94 back in 1991 for $150.00 at K-Mart

I got a Winchester 94 around 1999-2001 (I don't remember the exact year) for $200-250 (forget the exact price too) from the K-mart in Chatham Mall when they were again (and for good) getting out of the gun business.

Mini14tac said:
    I bought mine new almost 40 years ago for $49 at Best Products for those that remember that chain of stores.

I used to love that store as a kid. I think about it nearly every time I'm near the old Security location. I remember as a kid drooling over their gun section in the catalogue.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Here are a couple of good mods for the marlin 60.

This one is from DIP https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=156306&CAT=3603

This one from MCARBO http://www.mcarbo.com/store/p/27-Marlin-60-Trigger-Spring-Kit.aspx

The SIP metal trigger guard and wider trigger is probably the best upgrade you can make.

Although there are not many 3rd party mods for a Marlin 60, replacement parts are pretty easy to get for just about any component. So that's another thing the Model 60 has going for it.

I have the one from DIP, and like it quite a bit. Beats the plastic.

CSHS

Apr 21, 2015

Attachments

• mar3000_1.png
      mar3000_1.png
      7.8 KB · Views: 356

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Marlin 60

Thirteen rounds, 25 yards. I actually had a CCI round not fire, honestly think that is a first for me in 100's of rounds. Not bad for the price of the rifle.

Attachments

• Marlin60target.jpg
      Marlin60target.jpg
      69.7 KB · Views: 295

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Ha!! Model 60 was the first 22 I ever bought... $30 from a pawn shop in 1983..

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    My Glenfield 60 is ashamedly as good as my 10/22, Remington 24, Remington 582 and Marlin 39 :o for accuracy and reliability. What's that say.... you don't need to pay 400 bucks or more for a good .22.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    I think you can put in 15, but the manual states 14, probably so not to fully compress the tube spring. I think older models went 18rds.

Makes sense, especially if going to be sitting for a while. Put 15 in the tube, then chamber 1.

In combat though I like to have that extra round :innocent0

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I just picked up a squirrel stocked one for $65 at a local gun store. Someone brought a bunch of guns in to sell on consignment and when I heard the .22 was going to sell for $65 I couldn't say I'll take it fast enough. I got it today.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    I just picked up a squirrel stocked one for $65 at a local gun store. Someone brought a bunch of guns in to sell on consignment and when I heard the .22 was going to sell for $65 I couldn't say I'll take it fast enough. I got it today.

The one I had I bought in 76 or 77 and it had the squirrel stock. I paid $40 for it new and 22lr cost .50 cents a box! That was one fun little gun. Not sure but I think one of my brothers has it now.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have to commend All Shooters Tactical. They sold me this used rifle, and it didn't quite work. I brought it back to have them clean it, which is something it desperately needed. While the guy was cleaning it, he noted a few interesting things about the gun, including finding pieces of wood in the action and someone jammed a 22 Magnum round in it, which is why it wouldn't feed. They cleaned it out for no charge. I'm going to the range today to give it a second run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom