• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    The Senate may be able to pass NCCR (HR 38) if they attach it to a spending or budget bill (appropriation bill). Doing so will allow them to pass it with a simple majority vote of 51-49.

With a government shutdown looming EOY this is possible. I can imagine someone like Sen. Ted Cruz using this tactic to help get the bill passed.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I've known people capable of cognitive dissonance. In Frosh's case he only want guns to disappear so he is consistent with intent even if he wants to pretend that it's safety that actually concerns him.

If safety was really important, the Firearms Safety Act never would have passed. 300+ in murders in Baltimore per year since then, too bad all those criminals have to rely on the black market for handguns vs getting fingerprinted like law-abiding citizens.

I'm curious to see where national reciprocity goes. In the end it's the best legal defense for shall issue in MD we've seen. Frosh knows it.

He also knows its a ready made law suit. There is no way he will go along with it.

ccmc

Aug 11, 2011
    I've known people capable of cognitive dissonance. In Frosh's case he only want guns to disappear so he is consistent with intent even if he wants to pretend that it's safety that actually concerns him.

If safety was really important, the Firearms Safety Act never would have passed. 300+ in murders in Baltimore per year since then, too bad all those criminals have to rely on the black market for handguns vs getting fingerprinted like law-abiding citizens.

I'm curious to see where national reciprocity goes. In the end it's the best legal defense for shall issue in MD we've seen. Frosh knows it.

In Idaho and Vermont, two constitutional carry states on the opposite end of the political spectrum, there are under 50 and 20 murders annually respectively. That doesn't make his argument look good considering how many murders there are in just one city in Maryland.

ccmc

Aug 11, 2011
    It will be the "but we are special" argument - forgetting that argument failed in DC

A couple of other states (CA, NJ, NY) use the same argument which the MSM swallows and regurgitates verbatim. No wonder an increasing number of people are rejecting fake news.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    A couple of other states (CA, NJ, NY) use the same argument which the MSM swallows and regurgitates verbatim. No wonder an increasing number of people are rejecting fake news.

CA plays out of it, as I understand, CCW issuance is basically county by county in CA. If you are in a county that isn't super anti, you can get a permit. Other counties are like MD and NYC.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    The Senate may be able to pass NCCR (HR 38) if they attach it to a spending or budget bill (appropriation bill). Doing so will allow them to pass it with a simple majority vote of 51-49.

With a government shutdown looming EOY this is possible. I can imagine someone like Sen. Ted Cruz using this tactic to help get the bill passed.

But does the amendment itself still need 60? After Newtown they tried to attach reciprocity to the background check bill and failed because it didn't get 60 votes.
    I've tried to find the exact rules regarding attachments but no luck yet.

ccmc

Aug 11, 2011
    CA plays out of it, as I understand, CCW issuance is basically county by county in CA. If you are in a county that isn't super anti, you can get a permit. Other counties are like MD and NYC.

However CA doesn't allow nonresidents to apply for CA permits nor do they recognize any other state permits.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

I can't see the conference committee going along with NCCR as a rider on a budget bill.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    However CA doesn't allow nonresidents to apply for CA permits nor do they recognize any other state permits.
    Which is why NR permits will not go away, even if CC state residents have protection.

That part will be one of the first things to go.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If the Senate version passes I think states like VA will stop issuing NR permits. There is no point to them.

I either want the house version, or nothing.

The Senate version still would allow carry in any state other than your home state on a NR permit.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The Senate version still would allow carry in any state other than your home state on a NR permit.

Which would be irrelevant if states like VA stop issuing NR permits. VA and PA will absolutely use any excuse to stop issuing NR permits, the gov and AG are as anti-gun as Frosh. If people can get a permit in their home state and its valid everywhere, there is no longer any real reason for issuing NR permits (just like there is no reason to issue NR drivers licenses). Utah is not going to feel compelled to help out New Yorkers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom