• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Their shop, their rules. Freedom. We support their freedom to choose how to run their shop, and also our freedom to shop elsewhere.

Still, perhaps not the attitude I'd like to see. Well, you know, Maryland.

At least it's not the only place to buy guns, like in another local jurisdiction. (I understand there's only one legal place in all of Mexico where citizens can purchase handguns legally; I don't know if it's true.)

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Urbana has pretty much become North Montgomery County anyway.

Sure...but I go to shops in Montgomery County like Engage all the time and get treated like a human being.

As mentioned...they can do what they want but we'll see how long they can survive catering to yuppies. I shot more 223 with my son yesterday at TMGN in 1 hour than most of those yuppies will in 1 year...and we sighted in two rifles and an upper.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sure...but I go to shops in Montgomery County like Engage all the time and get treated like a human being.

As mentioned...they can do what they want but we'll see how long they can survive catering to yuppies. I shot more 223 with my son yesterday at TMGN in 1 hour than most of those yuppies will in 1 year...and we sighted in two rifles and an upper.

Yep. In a sea of oppression, be the light of freedom.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    This kind of funny behavior puts us all into a predicament.

Do we support the new gun store despite their weird rule? :sad20:

Do we boycott the née gun store for their weird rule? :sad20:

Do we just slow down a bit and let things settle out? ;)

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    While it may be unlikely and the fact Urbana has grown into a Liberal bastion of Montgomery County locusts...so maybe getting a business license approved was predicated on such enhanced security procedures. Let's give the guy a chance...he'll sink or swim based upon his customer service and responsiveness to the needs of his clientele. Competition is good and the Frederick area can use more.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD

Boycott? I don't care if others go. Some people are cool with that stuff.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

It doesn’t put me in any predicament. There are plent of gun shops that I can go to where they respect freedom and science. I won’t be ID’d to walk into a store.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    It opened yesterday. They're only selling ammo currently, but are well stocked. The prices on the boxes are old and high. Look for updated prices on placards above the boxes, which are comparable to pricing that one sees at other stores.

They start selling firearms on July 11. They had a healthy inventory of MD compliant AR-15 rifles by a local boutique manufacturer (can't remember the name), a few SCAR carbines (-16 and -17), a variety of tactical shotguns, and an assortment of handguns currently. The owner says that this inventory is updating daily as they receive new firearms from distributors. I saw Glocks, Walthers, S&W, and other handguns. These are on the wall and behind the counter so it wasn't easy to see pricing.

During their soft opening, they're only letting in one family at a time. They are also checking IDs of those who enter. This makes it difficult to stop in and browse because of the wait. They are not restricting numbers in the store due to COVID, but mostly to keep an eye on things while they ramp up. Shop is run by a retired MoCo law enforcement officer and if I understood correctly, his daughters, one of whom has posted in the thread. They said they want to move to a club model for their sales, although entering the club would only entail a nominal fee (like $1).

Friendly bulldog in the shop. Forgot to ask about reloading components, but didn't see any in the display cases.
    LOL.
    IDs and a fee to get in? F**k that. It won’t be there for very long with that fudd policy

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Doesn't seem like the way to win customers and gain community support-- hope there is more to the story that actually make sense.

regulator

Interesting... no one needs an ID to vote, yet they want to card you for the privilege to enter their shop, perhaps buy something and get a background check.

I'll test the waters once they have their "Grand Opening", but really thinking this is gonna be a hard pass.

Best of luck to them, someone is is ok with their stores' policy I'm sure just not me.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    It opened yesterday. They're only selling ammo currently, but are well stocked. The prices on the boxes are old and high. Look for updated prices on placards above the boxes, which are comparable to pricing that one sees at other stores.

They start selling firearms on July 11. They had a healthy inventory of MD compliant AR-15 rifles by a local boutique manufacturer (can't remember the name), a few SCAR carbines (-16 and -17), a variety of tactical shotguns, and an assortment of handguns currently. The owner says that this inventory is updating daily as they receive new firearms from distributors. I saw Glocks, Walthers, S&W, and other handguns. These are on the wall and behind the counter so it wasn't easy to see pricing.

During their soft opening, they're only letting in one family at a time. They are also checking IDs of those who enter. This makes it difficult to stop in and browse because of the wait. They are not restricting numbers in the store due to COVID, but mostly to keep an eye on things while they ramp up. Shop is run by a retired MoCo law enforcement officer and if I understood correctly, his daughters, one of whom has posted in the thread. They said they want to move to a club model for their sales, although entering the club would only entail a nominal fee (like $1).

Friendly bulldog in the shop. Forgot to ask about reloading components, but didn't see any in the display cases.

Thanks for the update. Kinda odd, they want to see ID just to enter. Hopefully, once they get up and running, that policy goes away. If so, I wish them luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom