• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Siegel_Mk2

Mar 6, 2018
    Hey all! New to the forums, been lurking for a bit. I’m in 21208 and just got my HQL approved on March 27, still waiting for my license in the mail. Eager to pick up a P320 and start a small collection.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Welcome! If you had the patience for the HQL, you'll have the patience for the 8 days on that P320. Have fun, and be safe!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 184

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

Siegel_Mk2

Mar 6, 2018
    Does anybody know the time frame from HQL approval to when you receive the actual license itself? The MSP Licensing division is literally up the street from my house, they even get serviced out of the same post office I do. Got approved on the 27th of March, called on the 28th to go in to pick up the license, and was told it was already mailed out. Today is the 5th and I still haven't gotten it in the mail. I have a P320 at the Gun Connection in Perry Hall waiting for me, that I don't want to end up paying a storage fee for...

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Does anybody know the time frame from HQL approval to when you receive the actual license itself? The MSP Licensing division is literally up the street from my house, they even get serviced out of the same post office I do. Got approved on the 27th of March, called on the 28th to go in to pick up the license, and was told it was already mailed out. Today is the 5th and I still haven't gotten it in the mail. I have a P320 at the Gun Connection in Perry Hall waiting for me, that I don't want to end up paying a storage fee for...

Mine took right at 30 days, start to finish (card in hand) I do remember hearing at that time that they mailed cards out once a week

Siegel_Mk2

Mar 6, 2018
    Mine took right at 30 days, start to finish (card in hand) I do remember hearing at that time that they mailed cards out once a week

My sister works in that same building, and knows the officer who approved my application. I'm going to have her ask them what's what for me. A week (or more) for a piece of mail that's posted from what's pretty much my backyard is, is rather silly IMO.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

Under the circumstances I can't imagine them charging you a fee. I'd say you'll probably have it by Saturday, it is the USPS we are talking about here. Small world by the way, a few of us live within a few minutes of MSP HQ.

MDsteve410

Feb 16, 2018
    Howard County

I'm pretty sure they only mail once a week, my wife and my HQL's were approved one day apart back in February yet my HQL showed up in the mail a week later than my wife's.

Siegel_Mk2

Mar 6, 2018
    Under the circumstances I can't imagine them charging you a fee. I'd say you'll probably have it by Saturday, it is the USPS we are talking about here. Small world by the way, a few of us live within a few minutes of MSP HQ.

I’m off Old Court road, right behind 695.

As for th fee, I bought it off a friend who’s in BaltCoPD and I’ve already paid for the transfer from them. Just need the HQL to finalize it. It’s been there since early March.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I’m off Old Court road, right behind 695.

As for th fee, I bought it off a friend who’s in BaltCoPD and I’ve already paid for the transfer from them. Just need the HQL to finalize it. It’s been there since early March.

I'm within walking distance of the Quarry myself.

Siegel_Mk2

Mar 6, 2018
    Greetings from Sudbrook-ish.
    Masada Tactical across from Staples is now a stocking FFL.
    Dugan's liquors has a killer deal on Konrad Czech dark lager right now- $1 each for 500ml bottles.

I noticed about Masada. Interesting location.

Also good news, HQL came today. Went to GunConnection and will be picking up my P320 next Saturday. Very excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom