Vortex Diamondback Tactical too good to be true?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    Been looking at the Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-12x for a 300-500 yd benchrest rifle. Seems too good to be true - (supposedly) decent glass, strong magnification, exposed turrets... I held it briefly out of the box, eye relief seemed ok. Will I regret this one, given that it is buyable for under $250? Does anyone know if the turret zero stop feature on it will hold up over time? I would want to use the turrets for holdover/windage if that was an available feature on a scope, ballistics apps make calculations for this range trivial.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    I just ordered one of these. Will be sitting on a T/C Compass in 6.5 Creedmoor. The rifle is on backorder and the scope should be here in a day or so. Where did you find the for under $250? I paid $269 shipped from Optics Planet.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Well, lifetime no bs warranty on an optic from a company often compared to others twice their price. The turret stops are brass shims if I recall correctly so yes brass should hold up a while. Put that thing on a rifle, run it and get back to us, I bet you will enjoy it ... and if so ... for a lifetime.

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    I'm sitting on a coupon from opticplanet that should bring this scope down to $250... Wanted to hear from someone who's run one of these before!

Warwolvesinspace

Hoarder of Shinies
    Oct 2, 2016
    I have a bunch of Vortex's lower end optics. They're good to go. Worst case scenario, it has a lifetime warranty so you just return it and get another or call up vortex. They're a great company.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I just ordered one of these. Will be sitting on a T/C Compass in 6.5 Creedmoor. The rifle is on backorder and the scope should be here in a day or so. Where did you find the for under $250? I paid $269 shipped from Optics Planet.

I would really be interested to see how your Thompson Center shoots. Mine in 243 is sub-MOA if I do my part.

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    Scope is on its way.

Used better coupon for other stuff, code WLSCOPE gave 14% off and a final price with shipping on opticplanet of $257.

If there is interest can write how it goes once installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom