• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    A great day at the Axis & Allies Match. You couldn't ask for a better group of people to hang out with and have some fun shooting vintage rifles. Here are the scores. There were a couple of math errors made "on site" so two scores were changed. I will post a picture of the score sheet that had the errors, circled in red, so you can total the strings yourself and nobody thinks there was any hanky panky. (yes, one of the scores was mine) LOL

Attachments

• AxisAllies1017.jpg
      AxisAllies1017.jpg
      29.6 KB · Views: 223
    • AASheet.jpg
      AASheet.jpg
      91.7 KB · Views: 219

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    Congratulations to all shooters. :party29: Sorry I missed it, but I had "closing" on a new (used) car this morning. We didn't get home until after lunch. We'd been agonizing over whether to buy this one or wait and the coin toss last night said buy it. :innocent0 I'll be able to go to the next match in style! (tho' I'm not sure about that dusty old road getting to the match! :o) I have some ammo stock-piled: I sure won't be buying any more for a while. Although, the first payment is due mid-November and the York Show IS next week-end.:innocent0 Glad to see that I taught the family how to shoot really well :lol2:

jabber6

Mar 16, 2013
    Forest Hill, Harford County
    As usual thanks for running a great match! It was a great day to get out and see these vintage rifles in action. Here's a shot of the second string.

Attachments

• IMG_0220.jpg
      IMG_0220.jpg
      99.2 KB · Views: 194

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    Congratulations to all shooters. :party29: Sorry I missed it, but I had "closing" on a new (used) car this morning. We didn't get home until after lunch. We'd been agonizing over whether to buy this one or wait and the coin toss last night said buy it. :innocent0 I'll be able to go to the next match in style! (tho' I'm not sure about that dusty old road getting to the match! :o) I have some ammo stock-piled: I sure won't be buying any more for a while. Although, the first payment is due mid-November and the York Show IS next week-end.:innocent0 Glad to see that I taught the family how to shoot really well 2:
    Art, believe it or not they actually black topped the road down to the range!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Had a really great time as always!

Attachments

• IMG_20171021_134126576.jpg
      IMG_20171021_134126576.jpg
      61.3 KB · Views: 181
    • IMG_20171021_134056788.jpg
      IMG_20171021_134056788.jpg
      55.3 KB · Views: 176
    • IMG_20171021_132923290_BURST001.jpg
      IMG_20171021_132923290_BURST001.jpg
      71.7 KB · Views: 179
    • IMG_20171021_121523883_BURST001.jpg
      IMG_20171021_121523883_BURST001.jpg
      66.4 KB · Views: 183

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Beautiful weather, cool old guns and a bunch of good people to hang out with...a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon:thumbsup: As usual, a big thanks to Rod and everyone else who made it happen :patriot:

Congratulations to all shooters. :party29: Sorry I missed it, but I had "closing" on a new (used) car this morning. We didn't get home until after lunch. We'd been agonizing over whether to buy this one or wait and the coin toss last night said buy it. :innocent0 I'll be able to go to the next match in style! (tho' I'm not sure about that dusty old road getting to the match! :o) I have some ammo stock-piled: I sure won't be buying any more for a while. Although, the first payment is due mid-November and the York Show IS next week-end.:innocent0 Glad to see that I taught the family how to shoot really well :lol2:

Katie's rifle needs a taller sight so she's not doing so much Kentucky elevation. After that, I'm sure she'll be beating me...and propably almost everybody else.:D Mine's about as zeroed as I can get it. I had fresh contacts in my eyes, so other than maybe tweaking the load, there's really no room for improvement with my equipment. To keep ahead of her, my only hope is practice:o

Art, believe it or not they actually black topped the road down to the range!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We were shocked when we made the turn...almost wondered if it was the right road for a second. :innocent0 I told her I was glad we were there to see it, because a road that small will probably not get re-paved again in our lifetime ;)

Definitely looking forward to the next one. My M1917 turns 100 in November, so I'll probably bring her out to celebrate.

Spur

May 1, 2011
    Harford County
    For the record, I shot a 1903A3. Trigger screw fell out, but it was found, so I am back in business for next month. Great weather, excellent crew of shooters. Easy match for the old guys to be competetive and bring out the WWII guns.
    Carl Clayton

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    For the record, I shot a 1903A3. Trigger screw fell out, but it was found, so I am back in business for next month. Great weather, excellent crew of shooters. Easy match for the old guys to be competetive and bring out the WWII guns.
    Carl Clayton

Gotta give you credit for holding that action together with one hand while shoot that last string. Pretty impressive. :party29:

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    When is the next match and what are the requirements?

The next match will be on November 18. Registration at 11:00 shooting starts at Noon. We hare usually out of there by 2:00

RULES:
    The matches will be a very light competition with the emphasis being marksmanship, fun and few firearm regulations (other than safety), . All shooting will be done from the bench. No prone, or seated on the ground. This is designed for the average shooter, not the high power match competitor.

$10 entry fee, use your own ammo
    Only one gun per shooter.
    Military issued rifles up to and including 1960
    Smokeless powder cartridge only
    No sporterized stocks or barrels
    Rear peep sights are allowed even if they weren't an issued item, to help equalize the sighting improvements over the 100+ year time period.(also for those with poor vision)
    Aftermarket scopes ARE allowed even if scopes were not an issue item.
    There will be two simple classes. Optics (anything using glass, and irons with front globe sights) and Non-optics which is iron sights including peeps (but no front globe)
    The range will be at 100 yds
    The targets will be NRA SR-1 100 yd. slow fire
    Front rifle rest only. No sleds or rear bags.
    NO RIFLES ARE TO BE UNCASED OR BROUGHT TO THE SHOOTING BENCH UNTIL THAT COMMAND IS MADE BY THE RANGE OFFICER.
    Round count will be 3 strings of 10 shots. 30 shots total. Total possible score is 300.
    There will be 5 to 7 shooters on the line at a time shooting one string of 10. After 2.5 minutes there will be a ceasefire AND ALL BOLTS WILL BE OPENED TO SHOW A CLEAR CHAMBER. Targets will be scored and patched and the shooters will return to the bench and shoot their second string and repeat for the third string. After the their third string the targets will be scored and pulled. The next wave a shooters will then go through the same procedures.
    All shooting will be done from the bench. No prone, or seated on the ground.
    You can use a spotter. We may have some spotting scopes set up, but it's best to bring your own if you want to spot your shots.
    2 minute set-up time when you get to the bench. That includes setting up your spotting scope if you have one.
    No "sight-in" time. Make sure your are sighted in for 100 yards BEFORE you get to the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom