• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Aside from civil liberties infringements, a conniving ex could purposefully set the table for a state sanctioned extrajudicial killing if he/she knew that the former spouse would fight before releasing his/her firearms for no clear justification but was never suicidal in the first place. Just an awful law. Will they take away motor vehicles from those accused of general misanthropy or being a member of ISIS next, without due process?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    I only read a few replies here but I feel the need to point something out to you guys saying Oregon gets what they deserve because they keep voting in the same politicians and CA, OR, and WA all need to drop into the Pacific since the people keep voting for the same politicians. Do you people living in MD not realize your state is every bit as bad??? Your state is what it is because MoCo, PG and Baltimore with the rest of you having no say. Should MD drop into the Atlantic? It's no different. As a former resident of both CA and WA I can tell you all of the west coast is exactly like MD. WA is controlled by Seattle and Olympia-two heavily populated far left shitholes with a lot of conservative towns all across the state. Hell the eastern side of the mountain is pretty much like the eastern shore of MD. They've been fighting to form their own state for years. And CA is controlled by Frisco and everything south. NorCal has a lot of red blooded Amercians who love guns, and fishing, and farming and working hard.
    It's ridiculous that some of you don't seem to realize this.

/rant

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I only read a few replies here but I feel the need to point something out to you guys saying Oregon gets what they deserve because they keep voting in the same politicians and CA, OR, and WA all need to drop into the Pacific since the people keep voting for the same politicians. Do you people living in MD not realize your state is every bit as bad??? Your state is what it is because MoCo, PG and Baltimore with the rest of you having no say. Should MD drop into the Atlantic? It's no different. As a former resident of both CA and WA I can tell you all of the west coast is exactly like MD. WA is controlled by Seattle and Olympia-two heavily populated far left shitholes with a lot of conservative towns all across the state. Hell the eastern side of the mountain is pretty much like the eastern shore of MD. They've been fighting to form their own state for years. And CA is controlled by Frisco and everything south. NorCal has a lot of red blooded Amercians who love guns, and fishing, and farming and working hard.
    It's ridiculous that some of you don't seem to realize this.

/rant

Yes, and we get what we deserve. As a whole, but there are pockets of sanity which is trying to take back this god forsaken state.

Until such time as the people of this state open their eyes and see what's happening, I don't hold out much hope for us. I believe that's why you've seen some very good people on this forum leave the state.

The foreseeable future is bleak for the state of Maryland, regardless of what we, the conservatives think.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Oh, yes they will. Once autonomous cars become [relatively] common, they'll go after driving (as opposed to "riding") as well.
    Can't argue with you there. This is coming. Most likely through insurance companies increasing rates for drivers vs those willing to be passengers.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Most likely through insurance companies increasing rates for drivers vs those willing to be passengers.

I think that goes without saying. But, based on, say, Montgomery County's 10-year plan for Rockville, I think there'll be more of a frontal assault. Soon, we'll be seeing major three-lane roads being re-apportioned as two lanes for autonomous transport and one shared by buses and drivers. What fun! Many secondary (neighborhood) roads will fall under new "Restricted Use" laws that limit when and how drivers can use them; after all, "it's for the kids". Further, I'd expect the current "smog" inspections to be significantly tightened-up for all pre-autonomous vehicles in an effort to force citizens to switch to bicycles and public autonomous transportation (the real goal). And, yes, the goal is to move people back into the cities from the 'burbs, a la Copenhagen or Oslo.
    Happy trails...or, should I say lyckliga spår!:)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Wouldn't it be beautiful if the populace of Oregon filed those protective orders against every Judge and Politician in the state, a little pre-emptive strike?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Hopefully Oregon law enforcement will refuse unconstitutional orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I wonder how long it will be before someone sues the state for massive amounts of money when their constitutional rights get violated.
    Also I wonder if anybody that is a victim of this confiscation will get "sexually assaulted and brutalized(wink wink nod nod)" by an unknown perp while they are waiting on the appeal heard after a confiscation. That would have to be worth several extra million from the state in the law suit.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    They'd gladly pay out. Much like our own local politico's, I'd be willing to wager that they feel it's better to be the 'dignified victim'.

Besides, it's not like they'd be paying out personally. So I wouldn't count on a lawsuit (even a successful one) having much impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom