• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I could give you a list, but I don't want to give them more ideas... they are nowhere near done eroding our rights. They won't be done until there is nothing left of our freedoms. Annapolis has become the enemy of the people in the Old Line State.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I could give you a list, but I don't want to give them more ideas... they are nowhere near done eroding our rights. They won't be done until there is nothing left of our freedoms. Annapolis has become the enemy of the people in the Old Line State.

If George Washington knew what the future would bring to Maryland, he would not have resigned his commission as Commander in Chief of the Continental Army in our State House in Annapolis. He would have said, "There's still work to be done."

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If George Washington knew what the future would bring to Maryland, he would not have resigned his commission as Commander in Chief of the Continental Army in our State House in Annapolis. He would have said, "There's still work to be done."

No, it's our fault. Over the years we have sacrificed liberty for security. The Founding Fathers gave us something pretty amazing, and we have ruined it.

A Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, “Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?” With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    No, it's our fault. Over the years we have sacrificed liberty for security. The Founding Fathers gave us something pretty amazing, and we have ruined it.

A Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, “Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?” With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, “A republic, if you can keep it.”

You're right, of course, and so was. B.F. I'm still embarrassed and ashamed by the hijackers and interlopers who now occupy our State House, where one of the greatest historical figures of all time performed such a significant act. In that very same building in 2013, our General Assembly glibly voted to rescind some of the rights that he and his army fought to give us.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Experts advise that after any tragedy or loss in one's life, people should NOT immediately make important, life-changing decisions. They are too influenced by grief, loss, and other emotions over and above rational, detached decisions. https://www.google.com/search?sourc....0i7i30k1j0i8i7i30k1j0i7i5i30k1.0.UGeg2x73wVc

Yet, that is precisely the reason why Democrats, actors, comedians, and the Left want to play on those emotions to get what they want, quickly, before people have time for rational reflection.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It is just me or is the gun control debate just slowly dying :D
    When you have someone like Feinstein admitting that there is no law that could have stopped the shooter, it's not exactly a ringing endorsement for more laws. This guy actually helps both sides. The fact that this is the largest mass shooting in modern history in the US helps the antis, but the fact that he passed every background check and all the universal background checks in the world would not have stopped him is equally helpful.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    When you have someone like Feinstein admitting that there is no law that could have stopped the shooter, it's not exactly a ringing endorsement for more laws. This guy actually helps both sides. The fact that this is the largest mass shooting in modern history in the US helps the antis, but the fact that he passed every background check and all the universal background checks in the world would not have stopped him is equally helpful.

As sickening as they are, these and numerous other crimes against innocents are also serving as repetitive and conclusive proof that one's own personal safety is not and cannot be guaranteed. As such, the idea that any sane individual would somehow want to give up the security of individual firearms ownership, even if itself imperfect? That thought increasingly becomes all the more undesirable, and indeed for many downright ludicrous.

Fnh57

Sep 30, 2017
    Baltimore area.
    I agree. Give an inch they take a mile. First it's bump stocks then semi automatics. It will never end till we have sling shots or spit ball shooters.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    This illustrates perhaps better than I've seen before why "polls" should be discounted.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/11/gun-control-vegas-polls-243647

"On most of the proposals to regulate gun ownership — including background checks, restrictions on where Americans can carry firearms and prohibitions against accessories like the “bump fire” stocks used by the Las Vegas gunman — large majorities express support in the poll, conducted last Thursday through Monday."

but then:

"And slightly more voters still say it’s more important to protect Americans’ right to own guns than it is, in general, to limit gun ownership."

The answers are not even internally consistent. The problem is that the pollsters throw out vague and confusing questions or loaded ones that there can only be one answer to. Everyone supports "stricter laws" in the abstract that will actually reduce crime and not burden law abiding people. The problem is that no one has proposed an example of such a law.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    How about those crickets?

Well maybe not in maryland but nationally i hear crickets :D

There's a thread about how Schumer ordered his troops not to push gun control until after the 2018 elections. Besides, it seems that the Dems' push for some time has been more at the state level.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    There will be a whole new SHIT STORM of ANTI GUN Bills in Annapolis in early 2018...

Frosh, Miller & the other Dummy are looking to Ratchet it up & they will use Lost Vegas as their Battle Cry...

It will be interesting to see IF Hogan will bother to VETO any of them..?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    There will be a whole new SHIT STORM of ANTI GUN Bills in Annapolis in early 2018...

Frosh, Miller & the other Dummy are looking to Ratchet it up & they will use Lost Vegas as their Battle Cry...

It will be interesting to see IF Hogan will bother to VETO any of them..?

When they use Las Vegas as their battle cry, it can be met with what the Dems on the national level have admitted: NO law would have prevented it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom