• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    It may not matter to you but the SSA with its heavier pull can be used in CMP/NRA competitions.

Both triggers are very crisp when they break.

Referring to the 4.5lb service rifle weight requirement? There is no weight requirement for NRA Match Rifle. The only requirement is that it must be safe.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I have two ARs, an LMT and a Windham Weaponry AR. Both have the same Geissele SSA trigger. If I ever buy a third AR, I will get the same trigger for it.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Seems like the Geissele Fan Club hour but I have to say... I run an SD-3G in one of my AR-15s and an SSA-E in the other. The SD3-G came "stock" in my V11 Pro... and I used the SSA-E in my first AR build. Can't say enough about how smooth those boys are. All my friends who shoot my rifles always remark on the trigger feel and smooth-ness. Like everyone else has said...ditto the "wait for the sale" in like two weeks...you won't be sorry and you can spend the savings on more ammo!!!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    People still continue to ignore the B-GRF. It’s an SSA with less QC. 1/2 the price. I have 3. They are a steal.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    There is only one BIG problem with upgraded triggers.

Once you do one firearm, the rest feel like crap. :D

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Gieselle, as soon as they go on sale. Registered at both Gieselle and Brownell's websites, placed a Gieselle trigger in my shopping cart, kinda hoping they will email me if/when they go on sale. Perhaps for 4th of July. If anyone sees them at less than MSRP, please share. Still vacillating between SSA and SSA-E. My concern is the SSA-E might be too light and prone to ND from a newbie like me.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Gieselle, as soon as they go on sale. Registered at both Gieselle and Brownell's websites, placed a Gieselle trigger in my shopping cart, kinda hoping they will email me if/when they go on sale. Perhaps for 4th of July. If anyone sees them at less than MSRP, please share. Still vacillating between SSA and SSA-E. My concern is the SSA-E might be too light and prone to ND from a newbie like me.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014

cokebuck

Don't Re-Member
    Apr 1, 2016
    Drop-in triggers are easy af. Velocity Trigger for a buck fifty will blow your mind, not your wallet.

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster

You may want to get on Primary Arms and Palmetto State Armory email lists. I found that Primary Arms usually has the best sale somewhere in the $170s.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    You may want to get on Primary Arms and Palmetto State Armory email lists. I found that Primary Arms usually has the best sale somewhere in the $170s.

^This! I got the SSA-E I'm rockin in my PA-10 on sale for $170, even came with 10 30 round pmags :D

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have triggers from a lot of manufacturers, but not Geiselle. They all feel significantly better than a milspec trigger. They range from $80ish to $199. If you ever go to a shooting match that includes carbines, I'm pretty sure you could get a feel for a lot of different triggers. I just got a JP trigger for a 9mm AR I have. Very nice trigger, $113 from Midway https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...p-ar-15-small-pin-154-3-lb-single-stage-matte

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I presently have a JP single stage in a Colt large pin receiver. It is a very nice single stage trigger. Adjustable for pretravel and overtravel. I prefer it for fast close shooting. The receiver now is set up as DMR type duty so I have a rather complicated Jewel trigger group to put in it.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Probably not important to most people. The Geissele works with a rim fire upper. I've read other drop in triggers have hammer strikes that may not work with rimfire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom