• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Me? It's an old surplus Zeiss Diavari 1.5-6x. I guess it was probably made in the 70's or 80's. The Germans used to use them on their DMR's. HK made a special mount for them with rings molded right into the mount.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Looks like the integral 30mm mount, they usually came with 1" inserts. You can find them now and then for $250 - $350 on auction sites.

Q

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Me? It's an old surplus Zeiss Diavari 1.5-6x. I guess it was probably made in the 70's or 80's. The Germans used to use them on their DMR's. HK made a special mount for them with rings molded right into the mount.

a pretty good or should I look for something modern? just looking to shoot range with the rifle

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    It's Zeiss and it's military....that should tell you all you need to know about the level of Quality. It's still crystal clear and bright too. The reticle is a modified form of the three post setup normally seen in the surplus 4x Hensoldt units. It still has three posts but they merge with a much thinner "+" for more precise aiming. The horizontal line has the usual ranging lines and the start a ways out from the center so that they don't distract you. Of course, it has diopter adjustment. Up until just a couple years ago, Zeiss still made a commercial version that sold for about $1600 for just the scope with no mount. These older military ones are considered to be superior to the commercial ones and they sell for less. The problem is finding one. They were surplused some years ago and disappeared almost overnight. They're out there but you have to look around. IMO, it's as good as anything out there on the market even today. Does it have tritium and all kinds of goofy gimmicky gadgets on it? No. Will it work up into your great grandkids lifetimes and probably beyond? Definitely. The HK91, while very accurate for what it is, is not and was never intended to be a sniper rifle so 6x is all you will ever need. In many peoples opinions, it's absolutely the most perfect and best scope ever made for the 91. I don't remember all the particulars but I want to say that Zeiss actually designed it for this rifle. It's great at the range and made for the battlefield. What more can you ask?

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Comblock,

Those paperback books on WWII by Ian Hogg brings back my younger days as a boy in the 1960s. They were $1 each and a new book came out every week.
    I donated my complete series to the library.
    Thanks for the memories.

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    The B&T stock is Awesome! I plan on getting another for the Mp5 with the A2 stock. Best of both worlds, folds for compactness & great cheek weld when open.

prpete

Nov 10, 2008
    Aberdeen
    Here

Attachments

• CAM00117.jpg
      CAM00117.jpg
      56 KB · Views: 611

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Special Weapons SP-10, now with B&T MP5k folding stock (long version). Gotta chop it and put a brake on it - stamp is already in, just not a priority compared to other stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_1232.jpg
      IMG_1232.jpg
      76.4 KB · Views: 545

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    GSG-522

Mods:
    GSG-5 conversion kit-cocking tube, mag release, front sight
    HK rear diopter sight