• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    Saw an email Today from SOG has SKS paratrooper rifles for $420 16.5" barrel, milled receiver. Pic looks like Norinco
    Mosin crate has some browning hipowers

I believe SOG is going out of business. No firearms left in stock and website Has been reduced to nothing.

surprisinglyminty

Feb 5, 2013
    Thoughts on the “butt ugly” 91/30 that classic just dropped? There could be some gems in the dragoon era elections.

$119 starting price.

We all have said we wish for the $89+ mosins and we got the price we’ve been asking for but the rifles themselves may be cosmetically lacking...

I’m on the fence if I want to spin the wheel and see what rifle I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Thoughts on the “butt ugly” 91/30 that classic just dropped? There could be some gems in the dragoon era elections.

$119 starting price.

We all have said we wish for the $89+ mosins and we got the price we’ve been asking for but the rifles themselves may be cosmetically lacking...

Quite possibly last chance at sub-$150 mosins

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County

$119 starting price.

Those were the roughest looking Mosins I have ever seen. I think I would save up a bit more to buy a better example. There are plenty of them out there.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD

$119 starting price.

The last thing I bought from Classic was butt ugly. No thanks.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

$119 starting price.

Yeah I’ve been considering it too as a project gun. That said, they mention a hand pick option for the least ugly. Except it isn’t an option on the website. I might call in the morning and ask. It is a Mosin though. I don’t know.

I mean that in part that they just aren’t fantastic guns and it means a new caliber I am going to feel like I need to get a can of ammo in. Which adds to the expense. Just ordered a barreled SKS received from SOG as a project. And I’ve got an AR-10 project to finish. Not sure I need another one. Especially one I am luke warm about.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I just logged into SOG and I'm not seeing any firearms at all. Is it me or is something up with them?

tried to get a barreled receiver sks two days after email sold out sent email asking if they will get more in before sale ends reply no. logged on their Facebook page people asking why they get emails late and why dont they have stock reply basically sold out

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    tried to get a barreled receiver sks two days after email sold out sent email asking if they will get more in before sale ends reply no. logged on their Facebook page people asking why they get emails late and why dont they have stock reply basically sold out

Yeah, there was a narrow window where I’d get their emails. I haven’t in weeks. I just resign myself to check their website a couple of times a day. They just don’t seem to have much anymore, but they do still get neat stuff occasionally. I am mad I missed the Steyrs they had a couple of weeks ago.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It probably doesn’t help anyone, but my SOG barreled receiver showed up. Excellent shape. Clean bright bore. Also has front and rear sight, dust cover take down pin and bolt stop still installed. So not really “stripped”. Won’t complain about that!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Oh, sorry, yes. I had picked up one of the Norinco SKS barreled receivers SOG was selling late last week. I plan to build it in to a scout rifle to use for deer hunting.

Something to complement the other Norinco I own.

Attachments

• 227AA174-AF44-4461-8F2A-03CA4026E263.jpg
      227AA174-AF44-4461-8F2A-03CA4026E263.jpg
      62.1 KB · Views: 280

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Oh, sorry, yes. I had picked up one of the Norinco SKS barreled receivers SOG was selling late last week. I plan to build it in to a scout rifle to use for deer hunting.

Something to complement the other Norinco I own.

so you where one of the lucky ones. Looks good I've followed your lead started looking at their sight every day when i can.Wish i had 600. to blow I'd pick up the yugo in the classifieds

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom