Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old May 14th, 2018, 05:12 PM #1
ZFG

Location: Where the men are men and the sheep are scared. Woodbine!
ZFG

Howard County Register of Wills Byron MacFarlane

Howard County Register of Wills Byron MacFarlane has twice been pulled over and charged with drunk driving. Looks like he lawyered out of one charge and got PBJ on next charge. I know his position as “Will and Testament guy” doesn’t make policy but this dude has political aspirations (prolly eyeballing the County Council) and he is an extremely anti-2A Democrat. I think he is very beatable in an election if his drunk driving record is really promoted. Him behind a wheel while drunk is far more dangerous than a firearm.

Is anyone taking him on in the election?

CNN is ISIS
Alphabrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2018, 05:59 PM #2
Habitual Testifier

Habitual Testifier

Based solely on his accomplishments I’d say he’s untouchable.

Quote:
The Honorable Byron E. Macfarlane was first elected Register of Wills for Howard County in 2010. He is the 18th Register and first openly gay elected official in Howard County history. From 2013 to 2016, Byron served as President of the Maryland Register of Wills Association.

Byron is a Howard County native and a graduate of Glenelg High School.

Byron credits his education in Howard County public schools for inspiring his passion for government and public service. He has had the privilege of working at the county, state, and federal levels of government, for then-County Councilman Guy Guzzone, Circuit Court Judge Richard Bernhardt, State Senator Edward J. Kasemeyer, and United States Senator Edward M. Kennedy. From 2004 to 2006, Byron served as Legislative Director to Delegate Peter Franchot, now the Comptroller of Maryland. In 2006, Byron was elected to serve on the Howard County Democratic Central Committee.

Byron earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Baltimore School of Law, where he concentrated on public and governmental service. Prior to earning his law degree, Byron attended the University of Maryland, College Park, receiving his bachelor’s degree in government and political science, with Citations in Public Leadership and Communication.

Byron values community involvement. He is a member of several local, state, and national organizations: Howard County Bar Association; Maryland Bar Association; National College of Probate Judges; Howard County Estate Planning Council (Founding Member); Maryland Student Legislature Board of Advisors; Columbia Democratic Club; Thurgood Marshall Democratic Club; PFLAG of Howard County; League of Women Voters of Howard County; Howard County NAACP, NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland; American Civil Liberties Union; Sierra Club and Human Rights Campaign. Byron is an Honorary Alumnus Member of the Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Honor Society and is a graduate of the Leadership Howard County Premier Class of 2017. Byron was a 2013 Baltimore Business Journal “40 Under 40” Honoree and served as a former adjunct faculty member at Howard University School of Law from 2015 to 2017.

"The heart of the matter then is not the existence of guns, knives or pressure cookers, it is this: It’s the evil lurking in the hearts of people. And there is only one solution to that problem.
His name is Jesus Christ, and the change He brings to a person’s heart is the ultimate cure for the violence and wickedness that surrounds us." Jim Daly
pbharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2018, 06:06 PM #3
ZFG

ZFG

By “accomplishments” I assume you mean him being a gay Democrat in the virtue signaling capitol of the state?

He’s a drunk driver, I would think that makes him vulnerable. What about the children?

CNN is ISIS
Alphabrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2018, 06:21 PM #4
Habitual Testifier

Habitual Testifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabrew View Post
By “accomplishments” I assume you mean him being a gay Democrat in the virtue signaling capitol of the state?

He’s a drunk driver, I would think that makes him vulnerable. What about the children?
He’s a member of PFLAG, therefore he cares about children.

Drunk driving in America is disgraceful.
If you have enough money you get off.
I’m convinced that no one in law enforcement or the criminal justice system really cares if a drunk driver kills someone. If they did, they’d tighten up enforcement.

I’m practically a grown man with an actual college education and I don’t know what a register of wills does or why we elect one. I do know that you will have a hard time uprooting HoCo’s first openly gay elected anyone because you’ll be labeled homophobic.

"The heart of the matter then is not the existence of guns, knives or pressure cookers, it is this: It’s the evil lurking in the hearts of people. And there is only one solution to that problem.
His name is Jesus Christ, and the change He brings to a person’s heart is the ultimate cure for the violence and wickedness that surrounds us." Jim Daly
pbharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2018, 02:57 AM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbharvey View Post
He’s a member of PFLAG, therefore he cares about children.

Drunk driving in America is disgraceful.
If you have enough money you get off.
I’m convinced that no one in law enforcement or the criminal justice system really cares if a drunk driver kills someone. If they did, they’d tighten up enforcement.

I’m practically a grown man with an actual college education and I don’t know what a register of wills does or why we elect one. I do know that you will have a hard time uprooting HoCo’s first openly gay elected anyone because you’ll be labeled homophobic.
The Register of Wills is where you go and register a Last Will & Testament, should you choose to do so. That way, there is one on hand should you die. Nobody has to go searching for it. The Register of Wills also opens estates, etc. Then, if there is a problem within the estate that needs to be litigated, you will end up in the Orphan's Court. The Register of Wills is the administrative portion of the estate process.

http://registers.maryland.gov/main/home.html

As far as drunk driving is concerned, I despise it. However, I also happen to understand that the majority of Americans have driven drunk. So, they take pity on drunk drivers because they might have been arrested one day too, but for dumb luck they weren't. If the majority of Americans owned firearms, we wouldn't be dealing with this assault on the 2nd Amendment.

What is alright in society is defined by society itself. Had a 5 time repeat drunk driver almost kill a client of mine and he received less than a year in jail for it, with 6 months of work release. Guess what that turned out to be with good behavior, etc.

I really do wish that drunk driving would count against this guy. If I ran against him, being a gun owner would probably count against me more than being charged twice with drinking and driving. We live where we live.

Without a written agreement between you and I, there is no attorney/client relationship. Do NOT rely on what is posted by me or others on this chatboard as sound legal advice. Hire an attorney of your choosing, pay for the advice/research, and rely on that. I discuss topics of interest on this board, I do not provide legal advice for you to rely on.
fabsroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2018, 07:23 AM #6

In a county the size of HoCo does THE Register of Wills actually do any of that himself, or are they just in charge of a staff of clerks that do all the actual work ?
Biggfoot44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2018, 03:54 PM #7

Byron MacFarlane

I have started a group hoping to prevent Byron from getting re-elected called Fire Byron MacFarlane. This group exposes his DUI's, campaign finance, audit reports and some of the untruthful things he has said. Please join and keep the people safe before he gets a new DUI.
GFlowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2018, 02:35 AM #8

Thumbs down Arrested - Byron Macfarlane

Howard County Register of Wills Byron MacFarlane has twice been pulled over and charged with drunk driving. Looks like he lawyered out of one charge and got PBJ on next charge. I know his position as “Will and Testament guy” doesn’t make policy but this dude has political aspirations (prolly eyeballing the County Council) and he is an extremely anti-2A Democrat. I think he is very beatable in an election if his drunk driving record is really promoted. Him behind a wheel while drunk is far more dangerous than a firearm.

Is anyone taking him on in the election?[/QUOTE]
DAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2018, 02:44 AM #9

Thumbs down Arrested - Byron Macfarlane - Criminal

This guy is so against anything that is tied to a gun.

"NRA (a domestic terrorist organization)"
"limitations on gun ownership"
Old October 15th, 2018, 02:57 AM #10

Thumbs down Arrested - Byron Macfarlane - Criminal

This guy is so against anything that is tied to a gun.

"NRA (a domestic terrorist organization)"
"limitations on gun ownership"

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland