• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigfan77

My dog loves his Sig, too
    Feb 8, 2017
    Fredneck, PRM
    Miller, Busch & Co. are the ones who transferred power from the Gov. to the AG when the unthinkable -- a Republican Governor -- occurred by accident.

The people's will be damned. Maryland Democrats know best how to run your life, and if they want your opinion they'll tell you what it is.

why the hell did I EVER move to "Eastern California"??? When will I EVER learn???

Ugh

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado

800px-Diceros_bicornis.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I will not be the tie breaker...:cool:

...but, then again, I am not planning on being around for the final outcome.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Whats in our benefit?

Will it be the same as the last 4 years?

More antigun bills to be signed into law?

When is the last time a Republican Governor was elected a Second term in this state?

I thought about this the other day though i know there is a Hogan thread but this is the what "IF" Governor Hogan Wins for a second term.

I am more concerned as to what happens if he does not win a second term..

Stagstalker

Jan 15, 2017
    The cesspool of MD
    Hogan shouts from the galley of the corrupt.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/four-us-states-refuse-deploy-national-guard-border-173545530.html

Washington (AFP) - Five US states are refusing to deploy National Guard troops to the US-Mexico border amid a growing outcry over a controversial immigration policy of President Donald Trump's administration that has led to migrant children being separated from their parents.

The Democratic governors of Colorado, New York and Virginia and the Republican governors of Maryland and Massachusetts all said they would not send members of their state's National Guard units for border duty.

"We will not be complicit in this ongoing human tragedy," New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, a Democrat, said Tuesday.

"In the face of the federal government's inhumane treatment of immigrant families, New York will not deploy National Guard to the border," Cuomo said on Twitter.

Larry Hogan, the Republican governor of Maryland, said he will not send any National Guard resources to the border "until this policy of separating children from their families has been rescinded."

Hogan said he had ordered a four-member helicopter crew which had been stationed in the border state of New Mexico to "immediately return" home.

"Immigration enforcement efforts should focus on criminals, not separating innocent children from their families," Hogan said.

Virginia Governor Ralph Northam said he had ordered the recall of a helicopter and four soldiers from the state National Guard from the border state of Arizona.

"When Virginia deployed these resources to the border, we expected that they would play a role in preventing criminals, drug runners and other threats to our security from crossing into the United States -- not supporting a policy of arresting families and separating children from their parents," Northam said.

John Hickenlooper, the Democratic governor of Colorado, signed an executive order on Monday that forbids the use of state resources "for the purpose of separating any child from his or her parent or legal guardian," a practice he called "cruel and un-American."

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Where are the Hogan fans to explain to me this is election year politics

Absolutely, and a day late. The other "Republican Governor" up for vote in the NE joined first https://www.vox.com/2018/6/18/17475...publican-governor-massachusetts-charlie-baker

I think the Bos-Wash corridor is destined to be Socially Liberal "Republicans", with the urban population density outpacing rural in the region. Didn't most the Maryland Republican Delegates vote their conscious and green light to HB1302 when no one was looking?

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Absolutely, and a day late. The other "Republican Governor" up for vote in the NE joined first https://www.vox.com/2018/6/18/17475...publican-governor-massachusetts-charlie-baker

I think the Bos-Wash corridor is destined to be Socially Liberal "Republicans", with the urban population density outpacing rural in the region. Didn't most the Maryland Republican Delegates vote their conscious and green light to HB1302 when no one was looking?

Lol they voted that way to give cover to Hogan and probably believe the fallout won't be that severe.

I can only speak for myself and a handful of other people that removed Hogan signs from their respective properties

The fallout is real, but probably not enough to matter.

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    Those of you harping on about gerrymandering and redistricting,,,a few points

1) Maryland is close to 70% dem. Redistricting will not give a majority of Rs in the GA no matter how you slice it

2) The election in November will be prior to any redistricting so more than likely the dems will keep their super majority and will continue to have the power to override a veto

Maybe so, but having Hogan as Governor could bring us single-member districts statewide. Many GOP legislators are pushing for this and it could become reality. Hopefully, outlying areas in Baltimore and Montgomery Counties; and possibly Prince George's, Anne Arundel, Howard, Calvert and Charles counties could receive some level of representation in the GA under such a scenario!

3) new districts will have no effect until the 2022 election, chances are damn good we will see another D in the governor's mansion with a smaller dem majority, but with a D governor it wont matter..

my point is voting for Hogan is an exercise in futility. Even if he had not throw us and our rights under the bus, not much is going to change. If you don't value your rights, by all means vote for Hogan...but don't expect anything to change for 2A supporters.

Well, if you want, Vote for Shawn Quinn in the general. Yeah, I know, people will say that a vote for Quinn is a vote for the Dem; but WAIT! Don't forget that the Green Party is also fielding a candidate, Ian Schlakman. So for those who find yourselves in hard-line 'progressive' environments, it might not be a bad idea to don your Schlakman for governor garb/bumper-stickers, etc. in an effort to dilute 'progressive' encroachments!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    People who "can't vote for Hogan" please explain two things.

1. Who do you think will win the general election?

2. How will this person be better than Hogan?

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

I'm not voting for Hogan. He happily signed gun control measures, and that is incompatible with my values. Those who do not support 2A cannot make a credible claim to supporting freedom and liberty, and therefore have no business holding elected office. It's honestly that simple. The rest is noise.

To answer your questions - I have no idea for #1. I think it's a coin flip, personally. Given that, I can't answer #2.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit

There is no realistic chance that Quinn will win this election.
    Therefore, there is no realistic chance that a non gun-grabbing constitution-hating spineless politician will win this election. Whoever wins this election will not be any different than the candidate from the other major party.

The winner will be against the 1st, 2nd, and 5th amendments. The winner will for throwing more of Maryland's tax money to Obamacare. And the winner will be against national sovereignty, in order to keep Maryland, and the USA, headed toward a complete welfare state.

This is about the long term. If the only party that values freedom and liberty can make strides in this election by gaining votes, they can get more funding and a better candidate for the next election.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom