• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    FWIW: Citigroup stock down over 4% today.

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    So this is a move to...

This is a move to appear to be doing something to apease the stockholders, when actually they are doing nothing at all.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Damnit! How can I pay off and cancel ALL of my credit cards?!? At this rate, I need to be rid of them all! They will be getting a call.

NoMoreTreadingOnUs

Apr 2, 2013
    Garrett County
    Another badly run company that probably did not consult legal:

Volokh reminds us that Citicorp must make an exemption to its policy in states that ban age discrimination.

http://reason.com/volokh/2018/03/22/credit-card-company-requirements-that-me

The comment thread under the Volokh piece is interesting. Regardless of how it plays out, Citi isn’t likely to care as it has already received the virtue signaling benefit that motivated its action. Any partial reversal of this won’t see the light of day in the mainstream press.

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    I haven't seen this mentioned yet...

It should come as no surprise that Ed Skyler, the Executive VP of Citi who made this anti-2A announcement, is formerly Bloomberg's Deputy Mayor of Operations. He served under Bloomberg from 2002-2010. Make no mistake, the tendrils of gun confiscation extended by Bloomberg, Soros, Rothschild, etc., branch far and wide and strong. I'm not sure how we counter this, but something needs to be done, and that right soon.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Attachments

• citi.JPG
      citi.JPG
      15.5 KB · Views: 496

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Citi shareholder proxy statement is out. Opportunity to vote against the Board of Directors.

Funny, the Citi Board recommended votes against pro-shareholder and social justice proposals. Maybe Citi needs a BLM or Antifa member on the Board. :rolleyes:

"...

Stockholder proposal requesting a Human and Indigenous Peoples' Rights Policy.

BOARD RECOMMENDATION: Against
    For Against Abstain

Stockholder proposal requesting that our Board take the steps necessary to adopt cumulative voting.

For Against Abstain

Stockholder proposal requesting a report on lobbying and grassroots lobbying contributions.

For Against Abstain

Stockholder proposal requesting an amendment to Citi's proxy access bylaw provisions pertaining to the aggregation limit and the number of candidates.

For Against Abstain

Stockholder proposal requesting that the Board adopt a policy prohibiting the vesting of equity-based awards for senior executives due to a voluntary resignation to enter government SERVICE.

For Against Abstain

STOCKHOLDER PROPOSAL REQUESTING THAT THE BOARD AMEND CITI'S BYLAWS TO GIVE HOLDERS IN THE AGGREGATE OF 15% OF CITI'S OUTSTANDING COMMON STOCK THE POWER TO CALL A SPECIAL MEETING. "

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Any updates on a new card issuer for the NRA visa?

I want to dump BOA as well and just use one card.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I get wanting to make a statement by closing your account, but wouldn't it hurt them more to pay it off, keep it open, and never use it? That's my plan for my former-NRA Visa. I figure if I send them a payment of a couple of bucks once a year, they are going to have to process it, send me a couple of months worth of statements, then finally refund it. Surely it will cost them more than the $5 (which I'll get back), stamp, and check? They'll have to keep my account open, make no money off of me, and I get to keep it on my credit report :shrug:

It might cost them even more if I "lost" the card every couple of months and had to get a new one.:innocent0

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I have been getting quarterly statements from [name redacted] for the last 12 years. the same 0.12 is in the account, and has been forever.

I am pretty sure that the legal, compliance, and accounting costs, not to mention the stamps, have far outstripped the 0.12 in the account.

Maybe someday I will make them send me a check for 0.12.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I was going to cancel mine but got to thinking. I pay it off every month and have for the past 28 yrs, they pay me 1% back to use it and next quarter will pay me 5% back on Home Depot purchases, they send me a paper statement every month with at least 4 pages.
    They don't get any money from me, they are actually losing money every charge I make. Now what they make in fees from vendors when I charge it may offset what I cost them but I hope not.

DC45

Mar 8, 2018
    DC
    they are actually losing money every charge I make. Now what they make in fees from vendors when I charge it may offset what I cost them but I hope not.

They’re absolutely making money on every transaction that you make. Probably 1-2%. I’ll feel much better giving that money to another bank.

Frankly, this was a great opportunity to find a better cash back card!

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Citi, YouTube, google, rei and here other companies are opening the door for pro 2A companies. There is going to be companies filling the gap soon. These businesses are creating a vacuum.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    Canceled all my citi cards, apparently there was a huge rush of cancelations lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom