• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Incorrect. I don't own one. I don't see a problem in someone has one that uses legally.

Every word about you having a warehouse full of bump stocks was in jest.

But the joys of the water cooler are only two posts away.

Comradery and butterfly farts lie within.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    Hopefully this is chess vs checkers.

Ban the use of bump stocks when committing a crime, the left will say people that are going to kill are going to ignore the law and still use bump stocks and T45 says EXACTLY, criminals don't follow laws, laws don't stop criminals and CCW for all!!

Best reply in this whole mess of a thread.

I figured out the OP's true intention.

He has a warehouse full of bump stocks to sell.

He only needs three more posts to get into the classified section.

Very clever.

PS: Can we get bump stock thread merge when the OP hits 50?

Second best. :) :lol2:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    You don't know where this goes. Trump is not a gun guy and questioned the AR category decades ago. Trump is not the be-all, end-all on this, and hates blowback. We make his life miserable on this, and we can prevail.

But we have to fight.

As I said earlier "No problem, until your 'niche' is gored?"

Lots of luck making a Billionaire miserable. That rarefied air isn't comprehendable to we mortals.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    40 posts removed, infractions issued for personal insults.

Carry on.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Breitbart.com - But, read past the headline ...

Trump: I’ve Directed AG ‘to Propose Regulations to Ban All Devices That Turn Legal Weapons Into Machine Guns’

While speaking on Tuesday, President Trump announced that he signed a memo “directing the attorney general to propose regulations to ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns.”

Trump said, “[A]fter the deadly shooting in Las Vegas, I directed the attorney general to clarify whether certain bump stock devices, like the one used in Las Vegas, are illegal under current law. That process began in December. And just a few moments ago, I signed a memorandum directing the attorney general to propose regulations to ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns. I expect that these critical regulations will be finalized, Jeff, very soon.”

It may be wishful thinking on my part, but given the 'legal' NFA definition of machine gun and the fact that ATF has already cleared bump stocks and other such devices by the exact same definition, proposing and enacting versus surviving a challenge in SCOTUS may take more than a bit of legal language legerdemain.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    maybe catch up on some reading the man has dedicated his life fighting for our 2a and 1 a rights.I call him passionate you call him hostile

I know who he is. That doesn’t justify the tone. Don’t cut down newbies in anger, it’s just like hitting your kids right? Isn’t that an internet rule somewhere?

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I know who he is. That doesn’t justify the tone. Don’t cut down newbies in anger, it’s just like hitting your kids right? Isn’t that an internet rule somewhere?

He bleeds 2 a, not saying you do not but i think its fair to say he saw the same news alert and it pissed him off . Then you and I posted in dif. threads I think his first thought was to put water on the coals before the fire starts. Water under the bridge my new friend. edit oops I thought you where op edit edit Im sure you've said something in anger before i have and no CHILDREN where hit

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    So, the New York Democrat in the White House pushes to infringe on the 2nd Amendment, basically saying Obama was wrong to allowing them, and the OP is the bad guy?

SPQM

May 21, 2014
    Okay, we all know about bumpstocks.

I don't think a lot of people realize what's significant about this mess.

After years, nay, decades of insisting that guns/inanimate objects don't kill people, the NRA (and later Trump) said that hey, this inanimate object is dangerous!

This is a significant (and very dangerous) concession to the anti-gun side. It may be being made mistakenly in the belief that if we just jettison these evil icky full auto simulators, everything will be fine again.

That's wrong. Because now the anti-gunners can cite these statements by first, the NRA and then later by Trump; in court cases as evidence that certain items are unusually dangerous and should be banned/regulated heavily.

Basically, this is the definition of a short-lived tactical victory, but a long term strategic defeat.

I don't know where we're gonna go from here, but it's not pretty -- because if you can say that things with a "too fast" rate of fire are too dangerous for the general public to own; then what's to stop you from defining the maximum effective range of easily available publicly owned weapons?

A quick google search for

"average deer hunting range"

results in:

https://www.fieldandstream.com/science-shooting-deer-wayne-van-zwoll-on-long-range-shots

The Science of Shooting Deer: Wayne Van Zwoll on Long Range Shots. Mostly, whitetails are killed at 100 yards or less and mule deer at 200 and under, but every once in a while, you will want to take a shot at truly long range--300 and 400 yards.

as the top result.

Think about what could happen if they decided that anything with "excessive" energy beyond that distance constituted a "sniper round", because that's on their hitlist at some point in the indefinite future -- once they've achieved what they really want in the "assault weapon" business -- the legal backing to arbitrarily define something as "too dangerous" to own for the general public.

That was also their Modus Operandi in the 1960s-1980s with the "Saturday Night Special" stuff -- they wanted to be able to define what was acceptable for a weapon -- the last attempt (Brady II) defined "Saturday Night Special" in such a way as to ban all polymer bodied pistols or modern compact pistols.

mferrari

May 3, 2010
    Eastern Shore
    I would imagine there are a lot of states with bills regarding bump stock bans. I am curious if a national bill would affect states moving forward with their own bills...

Right now Maryland's proposed bill the way I read it would also ban trigger upgrades and binary triggers. That is a far worse ban then just bump stocks I would say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom