• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Do you think Sessions would disobey and ignore a memo from Trump on Bumpstocks? That wouldn't keep him around for very long.

You don't know where this goes. Trump is not a gun guy and questioned the AR category decades ago. Trump is not the be-all, end-all on this, and hates blowback. We make his life miserable on this, and we can prevail.

But we have to fight.

As I said earlier "No problem, until your 'niche' is gored?"

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    A lot of Republicans are on board with this. Including some pretty prominent ones.

People who care about or own bump stocks are a minority of a minority. My guess is that this will happen. Question is, what do we get. Congressional Republicans are very deeply concerned about mid terms. Trump is already framing this as "Democrats did not care when they had the majority" What we may get is a chance to have a GOP majority in 2019. There are many SCOTUS retirements coming. Replacing Kennedy, Ginsburg, and some others is paramount. Gotta play the long game here. Also, I far prefer this to Annapolis action.

I personally don't own a Bump Stock, I think it is a waste of money. But if that is what you want to do then so be it. If you have ever fired an real M-16 on full auto, you are lucky to put anything into a point target. It quickly climbs up and to left. But I will fight for you right to own and use one.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I am ashamed that folks are so readily willing to give up their 2nd amendment rights and post liberal propaganda on a gun forum as if it is a done deal.

Just because he is bringing news to the forum doesn't mean he supports it. This is a classic case of "Don't shoot the messenger". Chill out man.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I think, in part, Rack is eluding to the fact that , in general, folks take the titles of thread to represent what the thread contains. There is NO directive to ban them, and quire honestly, the memo states something about "devices that turn firearms into machine guns", so bump stocks are safe. lol

In addition, here is the quote from the MSN article.

"President Donald Trump says he's signed a memo directing the Justice Department to propose regulations to "ban all devices" like bump stocks used in last year's Las Vegas massacre."

I won't make apologies for Rack, but when you spend time in cuffs and in jail for our rights, I personally give a little room to be upset at others who you interpret as being less than strictly supportive and helpful.

No offense to the OP, but not having access to the WC doesn't help, either.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    You don't know where this goes. Trump is not a gun guy and questioned the AR category decades ago. Trump is not the be-all, end-all on this, and hates blowback. We make his life miserable on this, and we can prevail.

But we have to fight.

As I said earlier "No problem, until your 'niche' is gored?"

I guess you are right, the ATF could tell Trump to F off, but as a government employee, you don't get very far telling your bosses to F off. I would put a large sum of money on this is a done deal. This fight isn't politically palatable for anyone right now including the NRA.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    The OP's headline is not true.

Well that isn't going to happen. The ATF has on several occasions determined that bump stocks are not machine guns and do not turn self loading rifles into machine guns. Repeating a quote from a liberal news-feed on a headline as if it's a done deal is pretty bash-worthy.

I am ashamed that folks are so readily willing to give up their 2nd amendment rights and post liberal propaganda on a gun forum as if it is a done deal.

Well we will just have to disagree, but a few people here lost a little respect in my mind.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    It's a friggin memo, nothing in paper, no laws or regulations passed.

What's the normal turn around on a change like this? There has to be a bureaucratic process that will take some time and probably get washed way down since it seems the ATF regulations already prohibit modifying a firearm to turn it into a machine gun. All in the verbage.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Just because he is bringing news to the forum doesn't mean he supports it. This is a classic case of "Don't shoot the messenger". Chill out man.

Sorry dude. Bump-stocks have been under attack since before the LV incident. There are threads that already exist. The OP's headline incites anger from those here that have been writing to the ATF and representatives in government. We don't need a defeatist posting BS threads that distract from focused efforts to maintain our rights.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Looks like Bump stocks are going to be banned nationwide according to MSN. There are no details as of yet.

So rather than wait for details, you decide to put it out, and get everyone spooled up. You emulated the MSM by rushing to be first. Now that information is out, plans can be made. R&R made a point, albeit a little rough on the delivery, but he has a point. Everyone is starting to stress out with all the talk since the Florida incident, but we have to keep it together if we are going to make any difference.

Q

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Ban the use of bump stocks when committing a crime

exactafrigginmundo!!! doubles jail time or something like that. if you're out committing crimes, you do extra time (or maybe extra slow and painful execution). if you're just having fun blasting watermelons, have at it.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I think, in part, Rack is eluding to the fact that , in general, folks take the titles of thread to represent what the thread contains.

The title of this thread is as accurate as any other title.

Nobody who spend anytime on MDS takes titles seriously. Only 3% of threads stay on topic. Most derail by post #10.

The animosity is unwarranted, and the title is true to every outlet including Fox reporting.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Sorry dude. Bump-stocks have been under attack since before the LV incident. There are threads that already exist. The OP's headline incites anger from those here that have been writing to the ATF and representatives in government. We don't need a defeatist posting BS threads that distract from focused efforts to maintain our rights.

Care to point out where in my original post that was defeatist. Sounding the alarm is not defeatist. I don't have to be insulted, I expect more from a person of his age. Outburst such as that does nothing but harm our cause to defend our rights.:mad54:

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    It's a friggin memo, nothing in paper, no laws or regulations passed.

What's the normal turn around on a change like this? There has to be a bureaucratic process that will take some time and probably get washed way down since it seems the ATF regulations already prohibit modifying a firearm to turn it into a machine gun. All in the verbage.

Any chance to get this question answered?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    It got your attention, its the title of the MSN article. What was my post?

I will argue you should of said, "MSN predicts or states......"

I don't care, but you have to at least recognize that there are passionate people here who pour their lives into this community's cause and take this very seriously.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    cantstop;5112579 I am ashamed that folks are so readily willing to give up their 2nd amendment rights and post liberal propaganda on a gun forum as if it is a done deal.[/QUOTE said:
    Where did he say that? What in his post gave you any indication of what his actions may be.

He posted exactly what every media outlet has had on their headlines.

Was the title the best? Probably not. But, that would have been a perfect time to RATIONALLY educate a relatively new member of the forum on some of the ins and outs and "forum etiquette".

Instead, he gets his shit jumped and insulted. At a time when we should be educating and encouraging, all that was accomplished was creating division.

He should get an apology and I know the odds of that happening are somewhere around hell freezing over.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    What's a bumpstock? I'd like to see the definition. Notorious AOB tried to give a stick with a dowel on the end to Rmeriz. Is that a bumpstock. What will be the constructive crime? You have something that can work like a bumpstock, so jail and lifetime prohibition for you? Bumpstock Nazi!

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I would also add that op not having access to the water cooler would have notice this was posted 20 some mins earlier in a thread started October of last year on this mater in a more tasteful manor :)

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I will argue you should of said, "MSN predicts or states......"

I don't care, but you have to at least recognize that there are passionate people here who pour their lives into this community's cause and take this very seriously.

You can be passionate without being insulting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom