Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > Blue Fins

Notices

Old October 15th, 2018, 08:13 AM   #1
Mini14tac

Another Great Transfer Thru Blue Fins!!!

Just picked up another regulated transfer yesterday that I had processed through Blue Fins. As usual it was a great experience and hats off to the MDS discount. Jamie, Dave and Wayne, Thanks again!!!

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution." -Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it" -Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
Mini14tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2018, 09:33 AM   #2
Gorba
Deplorable Junior Member

Help me understand something. Why are so many people willing to fork over $40-$50 or more for a FFL transfer when you can pop into your nearest MSP barracks and accomplish the same thing for ten bucks? I, as a buyer, effected a transfer last week at the Annapolis barracks. The seller and I were treated very professionally by a MSP Sgt White and the deed was quickly done for ten bucks. What am I missing?
Gorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2018, 11:02 AM   #3
Mini14tac

Mine was a new purchase and was shipped in from Kentucky Gun Co. They will only ship to an FFL. This was not a private sale.

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution." -Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it" -Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
Mini14tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2018, 12:32 PM   #4
tjv4163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorba View Post
Help me understand something. Why are so many people willing to fork over $40-$50 or more for a FFL transfer when you can pop into your nearest MSP barracks and accomplish the same thing for ten bucks? I, as a buyer, effected a transfer last week at the Annapolis barracks. The seller and I were treated very professionally by a MSP Sgt White and the deed was quickly done for ten bucks. What am I missing?

internet or over state line sales.
tjv4163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2018, 10:36 AM   #5
Gorba
Deplorable Junior Member

Aaaaah, so. I should have thought it through before posting the Q.
Gorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2018, 10:45 AM   #6
eruby
Confederate Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorba View Post
Maybe not near a barracks.

Or maybe the seller doesn't want to register for an MSP ID# and pin#

Old October 16th, 2018, 12:53 PM   #7
Bob A

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruby View Post

Or maybe the seller doesn't want to register for an MSP ID# and pin#
I think any transfer within the state of a regulated firearm now requires registering for the ID and pin #.

"Forget it, Jake, it's C̶h̶i̶n̶a̶t̶o̶w̶n̶ Maryland."
Bob A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2018, 03:24 PM   #8
eruby
Confederate Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob A View Post
I think any transfer within the state of a regulated firearm now requires registering for the ID and pin #.
Can I not bring a regulated firearm to an FFL, and transfer it to someone who has an ID, pin#, and HQL (if needed) without having an ID and pin # myself?

That is what I was getting at.

Old October 16th, 2018, 03:28 PM   #9
johnhmpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruby View Post
Can I not bring a regulated firearm to an FFL, and transfer it to someone who has an ID, pin#, and HQL (if needed) without having an ID and pin # myself?

That is what I was getting at.
The buyer starts the process and has the pin. The seller only has to give pertinent information at the barracks or FFL. No pin, no registration.
johnhmpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2018, 06:07 PM   #10
Bob A

What he said. ^^^

Sorry to misunderstand your question.

"Forget it, Jake, it's C̶h̶i̶n̶a̶t̶o̶w̶n̶ Maryland."
Bob A is online now   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > Blue Fins