• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fchan

Dec 14, 2015
    Columbia, MD
    i am a 77 year old and can not even understand the politics of being against people who train and get licensed to carry when others just get a gun, carry, and shoot at will. I tried to talk in person with a legisaltor in MD and they just spouted memorized statements. MSI's President isnt even heard either. How can we change things?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I haven't said this for a cpl months now, so I'll trot it out again :

If you were to ask Baltimore residents , you would probably have > 50% say they want change ( in the crime/ violence/ homicides ) .

But the solutions each would have in mind vary greatly , and most are incongruous with each other .

Status Quo results by default .

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    i am a 77 year old and can not even understand the politics of being against people who train and get licensed to carry when others just get a gun, carry, and shoot at will. I tried to talk in person with a legisaltor in MD and they just spouted memorized statements. MSI's President isnt even heard either. How can we change things?

IMHO those that are in public office and make statements like that should be compelled to live in those neighborhoods with their families.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    We have to give people room to kill.
    If that room would include Chevy Chase, Bethesda, and Rockville, you'd see change overnight. Those that make and influence the law don't live where the unintended side effects occur. That needs to change.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rob1035

Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    These issues have been creeping into the nice parts of the city for a while now. I'm hopefully that will effect change in a positive way. But I'm also realistic and moving my family (out of one of said neighborhoods) as quickly as possible.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore

Move.

I'm over on the shore and MD blows dead bear here, I can't imagine living in the zoo.
    Planning the move in the next 4 to 5 years.

Leave the animals to sort each other out.

JMR1121

Oct 3, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    My brother has been an officer in the Western District for nearly 19 years now and he said he's just counting down his days in order to retire. Can't wait to get out.

CZ TAIJI

Sep 10, 2014
    brooklyn, md.
    this type of fear mongering hurts us all to include you who are most inclined to propagate it.

i live in in the cherry hill/brooklyn area and still folks in greater balto. think it's dangerous here. Yet, i have found my peace here and the amount of thing happening close by vs all other areas in balto. i have lived are like night and day to my great satisfaction. So, much fear is based on ignorance and Md./balto. is a breeding ground for it that's very sad to realize.

someone comes t visit and they say oh it's nice here, i hear bus drivers saying they would like to move back here too. so perspective and reality is a beast that many here don't care to know well if at all. obviously the mileage of many varies especialy those who live in unwarranted fear. ijs

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    The recent murder in Federal Hill was about a block south of my old house. That area used to be considered safe by city standards.

I think I got out in time, and I know others that are leaving, too.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I once knew someone who took a vacation in El Salvador during their Civil War . He had a great time .

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I asked the mayor how she felt about people not feeling safe in the city. Her response,” i feel safe”.
    Not talking about the problem is not the answer.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I asked the mayor how she felt about people not feeling safe in the city. Her response,” i feel safe”.
    Not talking about the problem is not the answer.

Ok, a good first step. So now we have indentified a solution. All Baltimore citizens will need a police officer as a personal driver, another one as a body guard and yet another to sit outside of their house 24/7.

Next step will be to fit all of that into the budget.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Ok, a good first step. So now we have indentified a solution. All Baltimore citizens will need a police officer as a personal driver, another one as a body guard and yet another to sit outside of their house 24/7.

Next step will be to fit all of that into the budget.

When she said that i bit my tongue. My response was about to be , “so would i if i had a police driver and a bodyguard.”
    I said i don’t feel safe and i walk home fromdowntown often. She pulled outnher phone and began quoting stats.
    If yo7 den6 the problem, you can’t fix it. 8 hope this new commissioner works out. In her announcement of him she said crime is down. Uh huh. Not acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom