• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    So explain to me how they are actually different, because this is a little short on any real answers to that question.

Google it guy. "DPMS GII vs AR10"

The whole premise of the GII's platform is that almost all of it is interchangeable with regular AR15 stuff, making it lighter and more reliable and easier to customize, vs previous AR10s that are bigger and heavier and take specific AR10 stuff. FCG, grips, Handguards, stocks, etc.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Anyone building loads for a Recon? My Remington 700 5R loves 175gr SMK with just about any type of powder I have tried. I have a lot loaded up with 4064 and CCI BR Primers. I bought some tipped SMK bullets (also 175gr) but have never got to the range to test them. I was think I would start with the TSMK for my Recon. I also bought a few different bullets to load for hunting whitetail deer.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Loads_for_AR10_in_308__/42-285125/?

1st poster on this in 2004. still relevant?
    Hornady 168GR BTHP Moly
    41gr IMR 4064
    OAL 2.800
    Case length 51.05mm
    .6moa
    2537 FPS (Quickload #, not chrono'd yet)
    Winchester nickel brass from leftovers ballistic silvertips (shot .75MOA with the silvertips).
    Shot 20 rounds, cycles well, very mild recoil (but that could be my new limbsaver). Will go up to 41.5 then Max 42.0 gr..
    I'd like to try these loads. I need some more 308 brass before I'd invest in reloading again. I've shot 35 rounds in 1st trip to range with My DPMS Oracle 308. It is still in stock configuration with NO upgrades yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom