Dienied to buy a handgun after approval of Collectors Liscense?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kharstin

Cruffler
    Feb 15, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Two days before the Howard County Show I received word I was approved for a collectors license. I already had a gun on layaway at the local gun shop so I figured great! I found another I liked at the show paid for it and had it transferred to the same store. I was told by a gentleman at the store since I was a collector I could put in the paperwork for both at the same time so I did.

Today I learned I was denied! I already own a handgun I purchased over a month ago and absolutely nothing has changed in my life so I am completely puzzled! I sent and email today to State Police Licensing asking what the reason was, but I am completely clueless why they would deny.

Anyone have any ideas or had something similar happen to them?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I wonder if the MSP hadn't fully recorded your collector's status yet and they are seeing to many transfers in too short a time.

If you have any skeletons in your closet you aren't mentioning, you need to contact a lawyer asap. They do take this very seriously.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Denied or put on hold?

If you were denied outright I'd get an attorney first thing in the morning.

Bingo.

Find out if you were "disapproved" or if the transfer was denied due to the 1 in 30 days law.

How did you receive word that your collector status was approved?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I was just informed via email by Corporal Cusimano I need to submit a request for review to first Seargeant Wright. I do no understand, I have never done anything wrong!

Sir, let the MSP be the judge of that......they are professionals.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I was just informed via email by Corporal Cusimano I need to submit a request for review to first Seargeant Wright. I do no understand, I have never done anything wrong!

Because they are dealing with your personal information, they have to have written permission.

My advice is to try to be friendly with them. Unless they become openly hostile to you, remember that they are just doing their jobs, and mistakes do happen.

If you have a clean record, it's most likely a mistake and it will work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom