• ...and so much more!
  • Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    only regrets.... not buying more "toys" in the late 70's, very
    early 80's or buy more than 3 or 4 of the same thing on most
    of them, not listening to some older gentlemen about "you
    better buy them when and while you can"....

-Rock

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016

-Rock

Older generation always knows better. The younger generation doesn't figure it out until they are older. Rinse and repeat.

DirtyHarry45

Jun 8, 2013
    Two years ago I bought the Diamondback DB9. Even without doing research I knew that the “Diamondback” name didn’t really scream qualit. The internet reviews weren’t that great either; failure to feed, cheap product, new company etc.

But I decided to give the DB9 a shot anyway. The gun was much much smaller than I expected. It almost seemed crazy that this was a 9 mm. I put about 400 rounds through it without any issues but the gun is just too small for my hands. So for me, the small size makes it less fun to shoot.

I guess I dot really regret the gun...I just regret having big hands.

Ilexopaca

Mar 4, 2012
    I kick myself in the butt for going retarded and buying a NIB Remlin 1894 357/38. I really wanted to love the rifle but as I become more proficient on my other guns this thing just keeps getting worse, stringing shots all over the place. I wasted a lot of ammo chasing a consistent POA/POI. I know what you're thinking - it's me, not the gun. I thought so too. But after several years I'm telling you it's the gun. I can't even sell it in good faith, it's such a POS. Live and learn. The only upside is knowing I need a good lever action, love the platform and caliber.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

-Rock

More regrets about what I didn't buy than what I did buy.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I kick myself in the butt for going retarded and buying a NIB Remlin 1894 357/38. I really wanted to love the rifle but as I become more proficient on my other guns this thing just keeps getting worse, stringing shots all over the place. I wasted a lot of ammo chasing a consistent POA/POI. I know what you're thinking - it's me, not the gun. I thought so too. But after several years I'm telling you it's the gun. I can't even sell it in good faith, it's such a POS. Live and learn. The only upside is knowing I need a good lever action, love the platform and caliber.

Year? I cant say bad things in terms of Remlins hitting target. Only are they attractive and smooth.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Springfield xds in 45. Not fun to shoot and just cant trust my life to it after the recall and not getting 100% reliability after I got it back. The grip safety is another can of worms I'm not a fan of.

Yep. Same issue. It sits in the safe. I liked the idea of .45 in a compact gun. Should have talked to people before I bought it. No fun to shoot. 20 rounds and my hand hurts too much.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I regret not buying an old style knights SR15 wrench when they were available.

I also regret not buying a Colt 901 Wrench when Arrington Accuracy Works was making them. I think the fella who owned the conpany passed as I can't reach him.

Rob1035

Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    Any pistol purchase I made that wasn't a Glock; related is spending money on non-Glock pistols instead of mags, ammo, and training. Maybe I've matured or gotten senile, but there is something to be said for a single consistent platform.

ironbag

Apr 6, 2018
    Gaithersburg
    Any pistol purchase I made that wasn't a Glock; related is spending money on non-Glock pistols instead of mags, ammo, and training. Maybe I've matured or gotten senile, but there is something to be said for a single consistent platform.

I feel you on that. For a while I was jumping between Glocks and M&Ps, but Glock ultimately won because the aftermarket is huge, and building a Glock-fed AR was super-fun.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Is it a great handgun but I realized I don't have the ability to use the safety properly. DA/SA fits my brain way better. In a tense situation I'll will definitely
    forget to flip the thing off and it'll be all over. Many times, at the range, I'll practice with a timer and 25% of the time I'll forget the safety. On the positive side, I learned how much I would flinch and anticipate recoil. I became much more accurate on the first trigger pull with my other handgun.

Almost everything in shooting is muscle memory. I also had issues after getting my first 1911/2011 of remembering the safety. But practice negates everything. Now I can switch from shooting a Glock to a 1911 and hardly notice I get the safety off now right before I engage the target. Like anything else worth learning you just have to keep at it till you have it figured out.

Rob1035

Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    I feel you on that. For a while I was jumping between Glocks and M&Ps, but Glock ultimately won because the aftermarket is huge, and building a Glock-fed AR was super-fun.

My thing is "How many cases of ammo would that 226 and 220 have bought?" or "How many training courses could I have attended if I'd skipped the CZ phase?". Now granted, I gained valuable experience from each purchase, and you know what they say about hindsight...

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Only two so far: Just Right Carbine 9mm and FNP-9 FDE 9mm pistol. Have not shot either as much as I would have thought. Even bought some 10-round magazines for the FNP-9 so I could sell in MD (originally came with 3 17-round mags).

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Older generation always knows better. The younger generation doesn't figure it out until they are older. Rinse and repeat.

Not all of the younger generation. I see this trend and have been buying what I can while I can. As time progresses we only lose more imported rifles and parts and typically lose more gun rights on a federal level through the ATF.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I only wish I had bought an M1A before there were banned...

HEAR! HEAR! I'm hoping that the new Grendel chambered rifle will be allowed in service rifle competitions. To this day I think they just took anything that looked like it came for the military and slapped in that da... list. A M-14/M1-a1 in furniture is not light.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    Saiga 308 with out the conversion parts.

I don't regret the purchase, but I dislike when my Walther P22 throws brass at my face. :D

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Generally speaking when hanging around gun clubs and gun boards I seem to hear more people expressing regrets about guns they sold but wish they had kept than guns they wish they had never bought.

I think that if you ranked regrets the list would be:
    Getting married.
    Not buying things back when....
    Selling guns they wished they had now.
    Buying something that turned out to be a disappointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom