• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    From what I understand there have been changes and the store has expanded.
    I am curious to see what the prices are. They used to be on the higher side.

I hope the store does well. We all win there are quality stores available.

BTW... What did you get and where is a picture with your foot in the pic?
    You have 76 post now... You should know the drill! :D

ateixeira

Don't know shit!
    Jan 5, 2009
    MD.
    From what I understand there have been changes and the store has expanded.
    I am curious to see what the prices are. They used to be on the higher side.

I hope the store does well. We all win there are quality stores available.

BTW... What did you get and where is a picture with your foot in the pic?
    You have 76 post now... You should know the drill!
    :D

:lol: LMAO

I have not been there since Jack passed away. I'd say you paid for the ammo if the prices are what they where then.

JasonN3ZBO

Sep 7, 2010
    Lovettsville, VA
    My wife and I bought a pair of used Sig's from there last fall and got them for a decent price. Overall the prices on the new guns were a little high, but the selection was very good and the customer service was good. I still say Gunrunners is the place to go for great prices and excellent service.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    there prices might be a little high compaired to bass-pro and walmart but a least if you have a question or need something ordered they can do it . The other two would not even know how to begin. You get what you pay for most of the tiime Bottom line and the cheapest deal is not always the best thing going

machman1967

Aug 30, 2009
    Frederick
    still expensive, but they have a nice store and are have good hours, unlike the other Frederick stores. BTW, they charge MD sales tax (on the purchase price, not the transfer fee) when acting as an FFL for used long guns bought out of state on Gunbroker. That's kind of BS if you ask me.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    still expensive, but they have a nice store and are have good hours, unlike the other Frederick stores. BTW, they charge MD sales tax (on the purchase price, not the transfer fee) when acting as an FFL for used long guns bought out of state on Gunbroker. That's kind of BS if you ask me.

Not a tax lawyer but I believe (no facts to back up) that to be illegal and my guess is that they just keep the money.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I don't know the law. but perhaps firearms purchased elsewhere are considered taxable if transferred in MD. I'm sure someone will chime in. I don't buy firearms on the Internet so maybe they are ripping you off.

paintballg36fun

Jul 28, 2010
    I have bought a few firearms online, and thus far no state sales tax charged, however I never used The Gun Center for the transfer. I use a different FFL however, the ffl I use seem to charge the highest Transfer fee, not really a big deal, they also need to eat.

as for the Gun Center, they seem like nice, great selection of firearms, however prices do seem high, but this seems to be the norm in maryland for most dealers, not all, just most

Hynes57

Aug 4, 2010
    Charles Town, WV
    I am glad you had a good experience. Personally I do not shop there. They are way over priced and I find bwtter service elsewhere. Again my own opinion.

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    I've been in twice since the old man passed. Yes, their prices are still really high, but the first time, I talked to a guy that was really friendly and helpful. None of the condescending gruffness I saw previously. The second time I was talked down to in a friendly tone... but I guess even that is an improvement over the old man era. I really wish I remembered the name of the guy from my first new era visit, I could work with him.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    there prices might be a little high compaired to bass-pro and walmart but a least if you have a question or need something ordered they can do it . The other two would not even know how to begin. You get what you pay for most of the tiime Bottom line and the cheapest deal is not always the best thing going

It's really unfair to compare a gun shop to walmart or bass pro. How about comparing it to gunrunners or some of the other places nearby? I was in about 6 months ago and the prices were outrageously high in my opinion. A pistol that I bought in Salisbury at Gander Mountain that was grossly overpriced when I got it (it was my first one and the last of that type they were going to get since importation had ceased) was even more expensive at the gun center.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    It's really unfair to compare a gun shop to walmart or bass pro.

It's hard for them to compete with the big box stores as the shear buying power they have, volume and I don't even use that as comparison, same goes when you can buy a whole Remington 700 in .243 / 22-250 for $325-$345 (because they bought a boatload of them a year ago), you can't even buy the action say from Midway cheaper.

The Gun Center is / has always been high, went in there looking for Rem 700 used or new explained what I wanted it for, said I would pay cash, didn't matter same price, ammo prices high, went back a few other times, same issues, if I "needed" it right away maybe I would buy, but took my biz elsewhere..

-Rock

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    They sold me a nipple
    for my breachplug on my Black Powder rifle. No one else in the area had one. Customer service is excellent. The store has expanded and is now twice the size.

Shooter's discount still has the best prices on used guns.

8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    I can buy it online and have it shipped to my house cheaper then the Gun Center. I live a mile away from the store. I would rather drive to the Huntersden in Chambersburg.

UNCLE WAWA

May 16, 2005
    FREDNECK,MD
    well I called them the other day to get a price on a black 40 cal xdm
    they quoted me $ 799.00 :mad54:
    everywhere else the price is around $ 650.00:rolleyes:
    no I don't think they have changed much :tdown::tdown:

justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    being in Frederick county i have been in a few times and treated very poor. never made a purchase. Have not been in since they expanded will still check it out but my money will be spent somewhere else.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    well I called them the other day to get a price on a black 40 cal xdm
    they quoted me $ 799.00 :mad54:
    everywhere else the price is around $ 650.00:rolleyes:
    no I don't think they have changed much :tdown::tdown:

They must be taking advice from Atlantic Guns. The sad thing is they sell a ton of guns at MSRP. The morons down here will pay list for anything, cuz they can.

WolfPlayer

Aug 7, 2010
    It's way cheaper to go to WalMart and get ammo there than to buy from The Gun Store. Been there, done that. 200 rounds of brass cased 45 ACP from WalMart? $70. 200 rounds of aluminum cased 45 ACP from The Gun Store? $95.

The Gun Store has always been nice and friendly. That goes a long way - so I want to throw them my business. But, their prices are just out of his world. Sig P220 Combat. 'Out the Door' price of ~$1350 from them. I talked - tried to get the price down just a bit. I am totally willing to pay more for a local, friendly shop. They wouldn't budge on the price. So, I purchased online and had it shipped to GunRunners. ~$1025 out the door ... a savings of over $300 ... like 35% of the cost.

Roach

Jan 16, 2011
    A friend of mine recommended this place to my brother, and my brother in-turn put me onto them. He has bought 4 guns from them and I just purchased a S&W 686p from them. 900 dollars + taxes and registration stuff (first handgun). So yea, it was a bit pricey. But they know their guns, friendly and there is always someone available to help you.

I really like how they let you hold/take apart any of the guns they have without a problem.

But yes, your paying for all this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom