• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'm considering snapping up a Beretta 1951 while they are available. Who's got the best? It seems that there are several distributors who have them...but the "VG-EXC" they are marketing is more of a GOOD ranking, from the photos I'm seeing. Thanks.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    The one I got from DK was really clean. They're an IP here.

It was one of the original cheaper batch which I think are joe OOS. I think they still have the alloy frame 70s guns though.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The only ones I would recommend against are the Egyptian contract ones. They function fine, but the mag release is even worse than the normal 51s.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    I'm considering snapping up a Beretta 1951 while they are available. Who's got the best? It seems that there are several distributors who have them...but the "VG-EXC" they are marketing is more of a GOOD ranking, from the photos I'm seeing. Thanks.

We have a decent looking one in stock, stop by this weekend to take a look.

Brian

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Atlantic Firearms is the only vendor I've seen selling them as C&R. But they're in MD, so it doesnt help us much.

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    The only ones I would recommend against are the Egyptian contract ones. They function fine, but the mag release is even worse than the normal 51s.

I'd say stay away from the Egyptian made commercial 51s. They were usually complete junk that wouldnt out last the ammo you brought to the range. I've been happy with the Egyptian military guns with the squiggly lines on the slide. One has a great trigger and groups really well. I have an older import Beretta 51 that is a turd. Wont make it through a full mag without a malfunction. Wish I would've waited for the current batch. Seen some really nice ones floating around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom