• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    After reading through everyone's replies and doing a bit more research, I've decided to go with the VZ for now. I work long hours currently so won't be able to make it over to BBPawn until Saturday morning, but hopefully they'll still have one in stock then.

:party29:

See, told ya, this thread was over after the first reply. :P

terp91

Mar 14, 2013
    Halethorpe
    I don't think you'd have to worry about the potential for those being banned by then.:)

That's true, got a good bit of time before they can add anything else to the ban list. More concerned with MSP arbitrarily deciding they're not allowed as an AK copy than anything else.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    While CAI is going to stop making the Vz2008, Czechpoint is still going to be making Vz58s. So, it's not quite "buy now or forever hold your peace".

OTOH, it's hard to deny that the Vz2008 is cheap, shoots cheap ammo, and is a pretty high quality piece of hardware. It really puts me in the mind of the old TGI AMD-65s that were going for like $400 and ran like a sewing machine.

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    It really puts me in the mind of the old TGI AMD-65s that were going for like $400 and ran like a sewing machine.

Yep got mine for $419 a while back :) good deal. Once these vz2008's are all gone people will be saying the same thing. Getting tempted to buy another...

terp91

Mar 14, 2013
    Halethorpe
    Just picked up a VZ from BBPawn today, all went well and very excited to get it out to the range sometime next week. Would definitely recommend them to anyone in the area. Saw a couple other things that piqued my interest while I was there so will have to make a return trip when I have some more disposable income.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Just picked up a VZ from BBPawn today, all went well and very excited to get it out to the range sometime next week. Would definitely recommend them to anyone in the area. Saw a couple other things that piqued my interest while I was there so will have to make a return trip when I have some more disposable income.
    :needpics:

terp91

Mar 14, 2013
    Halethorpe
    Took me a while to get around to taking a pic but here it is. Disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled this morning. Everything fits together tightly and the action feels very smooth after a light oiling. Mags are slightly worn where they insert but all are in good shape.

Attachments

• vz2008.jpg
      vz2008.jpg
      56.8 KB · Views: 115

Tito

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Took me a while to get around to taking a pic but here it is. Disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled this morning. Everything fits together tightly and the action feels very smooth after a light oiling. Mags are slightly worn where they insert but all are in good shape.

Good choice. Check out the CZ forum. Plenty of knowledge on these rifles.

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.

How many Mag's came with it ? Assume they are pinned at 10 rounds. Looks like getting a bayonet is a thing of the past. Damn

terp91

Mar 14, 2013
    Halethorpe
    Good choice. Check out the CZ forum. Plenty of knowledge on these rifles.

That's where I've learned the most about them so far. Debating swapping out the rear elevator sight for a peep, going to wait and see how well I do with it first before deciding. Only other changes I may make in the future are getting the cnc break, adding a side rail, and picking up a fixed stock. For now I'll shoot the rifle how it came and go from there.

How many Mag's came with it ? Assume they are pinned at 10 rounds. Looks like getting a bayonet is a thing of the past. Damn

Came with 5 mags. All blocked to 10 but a quick trip up to PA solves that problem :D BBPawn also has extra mags for $25 each.

No bayonet but I'm trying to find one for a decent price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom