• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    I believe so.
    These were retro-fitted to older frames sometimes when they went through arsenal refurb.
    I'm not a post-war P1 expert but I think they became standard well after 1964 (same with the "fat" slide).
    BTW - There is a lot of argument about whether "all" P1/P38 are C&R or only by date.
    No ATF ruling on it being "all" and they are not on the lists.

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/faq-classics/20702-p-1-questions-fat-slides-hex-pins-3.html
    second post down shows a lot of pics comparing an earlier post-war to later (hex & fat slide vs not).

Thanks for the info. I have one P1 without the hex pin and its a good shooter but wouldnt mind another ;)

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I'll expand on the discussion and throw in another thumbs up for a P1. Only I'd be looking for a Manurhin. They're fetching about the same as a nice P1 ($400 range) but much rarer. Downside is no frame re-enforcing so if you want something to shoot a lot it would be better to stick with Plan A that everyone else is advocating. But me, I like the unusual. Don't care to have what everyone else does. The French collector in me just drools over the Manurhin P1.

Attachments

• militaria pictures.jpg
      militaria pictures.jpg
      75.8 KB · Views: 48
    • Manurhin_P1.jpg
      Manurhin_P1.jpg
      37.7 KB · Views: 48
    Jul 1, 2012
    They do pop up every now and then.

Interesting background on them, West Berlin police weren't allowed to posses sidearms (or any weapon?) made in Germany per the "Four Powers Agreement" when the Allies chopped up Germany after WW2.
    So Walther marked them as French-made Manurhin and in theory sent the parts across the border. Whether they bothered to actually do that or not is debatable.
    Even the mags don't have the Walther banner.
    Somewhere around 14,000 made vs. oodles of Walther-marked P1's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom