• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    PM Safecracker and see what he has in stock. You will rethink trying to carry a safe up stairs after you see what he has to offer. One of my safes weighs 2300 pounds empty.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I hadn't even thought to check there, will now though. How hard is it to reset the code in a dial/combo safe?

If it needs to be reset and the seller doesn't have the paperwork. A quick look at the manufacturer's web page, or a call to their customer service dept will get you the answer.

Good Luck!
    Jim Smith

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Dave at A-! Safes on Harford Rd is very reasonable and they do their own deliveries.

SHMEEB

Dec 9, 2013
    mobile jungle fortress
    I have a 22-gun StackOn with an electronic lock. It's worked good for me so far - I only have 3 guns at the moment, but it has lots of shelves and stuff for gear/ammo.

I got it on Amazon, and with Prime, it only cost me $400 - including delivery.

Amazon is amazing for buying stuff like that. I swear if it wasn't for their free shipping, I'd be screwed. #CollegeStudent

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Amazon is amazing for buying stuff like that. I swear if it wasn't for their free shipping, I'd be screwed. #CollegeStudent

You do realize that FREE SHIPPING isn't free? They just don't charge you for shipping, but that expense is built into the price of the merchandise.

Jim Smith

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    You do realize that FREE SHIPPING isn't free? They just don't charge you for shipping, but that expense is built into the price of the merchandise.

Jim Smith

Not always true, I have bought TONS of stuff for way cheaper then anywhere else online. Even if it is "built in" they are still selling it cheaper then anywhere online for a lot of items.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Not always true, I have bought TONS of stuff for way cheaper then anywhere else online. Even if it is "built in" they are still selling it cheaper then anywhere online for a lot of items.

The final price is not indicative of Free Shipping. There is a cost to ship any item from their warehouse to your home. The cost has to be incurred, there's no way to get around it. So, either the cost is added to the price of the item being sold, or that company is going to be out of business in a very short time.

Jim Smith

terp91

Mar 14, 2013
    Halethorpe
    Been looking online to see what I can get for my price range and I keep running into a wall as far as fireproofing goes. Relatively inexpensive safes such as this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stack-On-22-Gun-Safe-with-Combination-Lock-SS-22-MG-C-Matte-Green/16637350 are large enough for what I'm looking for but generally made of thinner steel and with lower quality locks compared to their fireproof equivalent in a better model like this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stack-On-...oor-Storage-E-24-MG-E-S-Hunter-Green/16637516

Is the value of the improved lock and heavier steel body a majority of the price difference and if so why aren't those models offered without the fireproof lining? Is the difference in them worth stepping up to the more expensive safes or are the lower end ones still good enough to keep a random burglar out?

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Amazon prime I believe charges about $100/year. But if it is available as the order being fulfilled by Amazon, 2 day shipping is FREE. In most cases $3.49 for next day delivery. On top of that access to movies and TV shows available are free to Prime subscribers.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom