• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scrapdawg

Jan 10, 2011
    Frederick County
    Been there a number of times. I have been treated great a number of times. I have been treated not so great a number of times. I think the guys are human and have not so great days like everyone else ( not an excuse just a thought ).

Fire-4-Effect

Aug 3, 2008
    Frederick, Md
    The Gun Center may have a decent selection now that the store is a bit larger but in my opinion it isn't worth it. They are way over priced on stuff and often times always come across as arrogant and out for themselves. They feel slimy and only concerned with how much they can take you for.

Last weekend I was at Gun Connection to do a trade with someone. Gun Connection is the complete opposite of everything that The Gun Center is. Humble, friendly, willing to listen and give advice that actually make sense. Unassuming in their approach with people. Excellent communications and just plain nice. I walked out of there feeling like a member of the family.

I walk out of The Gun Center feeling dumped on and unappreciated for my business.

NEVER AGAIN will I give them a penny. Others would be wise to follow suit, but to each his own.

Phil

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    The Gun Center may have a decent selection now that the store is a bit larger but in my opinion it isn't worth it. They are way over priced on stuff and often times always come across as arrogant and out for themselves. They feel slimy and only concerned with how much they can take you for.

Last weekend I was at Gun Connection to do a trade with someone. Gun Connection is the complete opposite of everything that The Gun Center is. Humble, friendly, willing to listen and give advice that actually make sense. Unassuming in their approach with people. Excellent communications and just plain nice. I walked out of there feeling like a member of the family.

I walk out of The Gun Center feeling dumped on and unappreciated for my business.

NEVER AGAIN will I give them a penny. Others would be wise to follow suit, but to each his own.

Phil
    Well I think the exactly the other way . They have always treated me very very good at the Gun Center . I have and would recommend them to anyone.

Fire-4-Effect

Aug 3, 2008
    Frederick, Md
    Well I think the exactly the other way . They have always treated me very very good at the Gun Center . I have and would recommend them to anyone.

You are the only one I know who would ever say that. Most informed buyers in Frederick shop elsewhere. Have you ever asked him how much he charges for a transfer? He told me $100!!! WTF?

Not sure how you can be in there and be blind to how they treat people that walk in. BUT, it is your choice man. I guess he is getting what he charges as he is still in business.

Good luck!

Phil

mahead

Jan 6, 2009
    Frederick
    besides the extrem pricing on stuff at the Gun Center I get a weird vibe from them. If I walk in while in uniform(Army) I swear they all try to out tactical the other. Maybe I'm just jaded by all the jerks in 5.11 gear that I've had dealings with.

cmecha

Feb 10, 2009
    been going to bob since i was 21 and bought my first glock. Gunrunners is gold, but busy as hell on the weekends.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I dont like them at all, they all seem rude and full of themselves.
    Im 14 and I asked to see an Ar15 and they acted like I had never seen a firearm before and just wanted one because of call of duty, then they proceded to give me a lecture on how if i get one my mom will have to be next to me everytime I shoot it, and told me I had a far way to go until I could buy one, so I left and never to return.
    If I see a gun I want id rather get it at Gunrunners or Glade valley because they actually care about their customers.

lol I don't blame the gun shop. 14 year old, AR-15, Gun Shop. Those things just don't mix, my man. You can flame me out, but if I was an an employee or owner I'd tell you to get lost too. Not like you can even purchase the firearm to begin with, so it matters not if you want to "take your (wishful) business elsewhere" LMFAO :tdown::lol2:

Shinwa.Katana

Jun 26, 2011

Phil
    Agree....

JayCorleone

MD by way of GA
    Jan 22, 2012
    Boonsboro
    Drove by there everyday for the last 7 years, going to work. I've been inside once, it was unpleasurable enough for me to never return. I have been tempted since they've expanded, I'm sure their prices haven't improved.

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    If you are only 14, you will need to come in with an adult to be taken as a serious customer. Their reputation may be spotted at best among forum members here, but you will have a difficult time being taken seriously in a gun shop if you are not old enough to purchase, unless an adult is with you.
    If it were my shop, I would have asked you to return with an adult.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    If you are only 14, you will need to come in with an adult to be taken as a serious customer. Their reputation may be spotted at best among forum members here, but you will have a difficult time being taken seriously in a gun shop if you are not old enough to purchase, unless an adult is with you.
    If it were my shop, I would have asked you to return with an adult.

Thats the TRUTH .I did not want to hurt the kids feelings . I don't know why so many haters are on this site . As far as I am concerned The Gun Center is a first class shop . I recommend them all the time. I did to a guy I work with today.

Copper

Shock Trooper In Stooper
    Jan 26, 2012
    I have to say that I'm on the fence with The Gun Center. Depending on who you're dealing with they can be cool or not. The prices are pretty much MSRP and I have even seen some higher than that, but I called them on it and they quoted me something better.

I don't use them primarily for my purchases but I keep them on my list. There have been a couple of occasions when I needed something oddball in a pinch and they were open and had what I needed tucked away in a dusty corner somewhere.

I guess it just takes a little time to work them to make it worth it.

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    Thats the TRUTH .I did not want to hurt the kids feelings . I don't know why so many haters are on this site . As far as I am concerned The Gun Center is a first class shop . I recommend them all the time. I did to a guy I work with today.

My goal wasn't to hurt anyone's feelings. In 4 years, we hope to make him a responsible gun owner. Meanwhile, I understand why others would have reservations, as I would too. He (or any minor) should be with an adult when they go to a gun store. Liability everywhere there.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    Okay.
    I'm resurrecting this one.

Friend, a new potential gun buyer, walks in to Gun Center. Leaves empty handed, confused, and embarrassed. Do I need to say more?

I asked him why he didn't consult me first...he was in the area and just dropped by. He was looking for his first handgun and shotgun for the home. He went in to see if he could get one for around $350 for a HD handgun and $200 for a HD shotgun. I'm sure they gave him some time about it. Like the time when I was in there and a guy walks in asking about a gun and they told him to go shop at Walmart.

I pointed him to go to Lou in Mt. Airy or Gunrunners for his first firearm.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    Okay.
    I'm resurrecting this one.

Friend, a new potential gun buyer, walks in to Gun Center. Leaves empty handed, confused, and embarrassed. Do I need to say more?

I asked him why he didn't consult me first...he was in the area and just dropped by. He was looking for his first handgun and shotgun for the home. He went in to see if he could get one for around $350 for a HD handgun and $200 for a HD shotgun. I'm sure they gave him some time about it. Like the time when I was in there and a guy walks in asking about a gun and they told him to go shop at Walmart.

I pointed him to go to Lou in Mt. Airy or Gunrunners for his first firearm.
    Give it a brake .You are beating a dead horse and have a hard on for the Gun center. I will say it again They are some good guys there and treat me great and recommend they every change I get !!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom