• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Anybody fish Tuckahoe creek in Caroline county for trout? I usually don’t pay much attention to the emails I get from the DNR but the last couple that I’ve received showed trout stocking there and Unicorn branch in Queen Anne’s county.
    My daughter now lives only about 10 minutes from Tuckahoe and I thought I might try some Eastern shore trout fishing while her and my wife shop while we visit. I guess my question is is it fished pretty hard or does it mostly get overlooked since it’s so close to all the saltwater fishing? Let me know if it’d be worth me bringing along my ultralight stuff.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Anybody fish Tuckahoe creek in Caroline county for trout? I usually don’t pay much attention to the emails I get from the DNR but the last couple that I’ve received showed trout stocking there and Unicorn branch in Queen Anne’s county.

My daughter now lives only about 10 minutes from Tuckahoe and I thought I might try some Eastern shore trout fishing while her and my wife shop while we visit. I guess my question is is it fished pretty hard or does it mostly get overlooked since it’s so close to all the saltwater fishing? Let me know if it’d be worth me bringing along my ultralight stuff.
    Never fished it for Trout, but Perch fishing in Spring is fun as hell on light tackle!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I think they put them over right by the bridge.
    You used to be able to walk the creek and fish the bank easy enough as long as the water was low enough to make your way through there.
    Lots of snags in the creek below the spillway and the creek in the back of the pond.
    We used to net herring there when I was a kid-bass and fish for pickerel.
    Used to be a nice place in the spill way for crappie too. The bridge used to be wooden but I think it's been replaced since then.
    I don't know how long stockers would last in there but you can try it and see what you come up with.
    You might pick a few up.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Have never caught trout there - many bass, sunnies and pickerel. Watch out for snakes - lots of them in the rocks/rip-rap but the cool weather might have moved them along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom