• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Interesting, congratulations.

In AACO they voted that same night, all the Reps voted for it, all the Dems voted against it. Thankfully there was one more R than a D. It took a few weeks for the County Exec to sign off and let it become law.

maryland-county-map.gif

MDQUSA

May 27, 2010
    We normally do not vote on an issue the same night as the public hearing. In the past we would often need to add amendments to a bill or sometimes start over after hearing peoples testimony. This way we have plenty of time to do what's best for the people. Also, voting the same night places the people’s voice at the end of the voting process when it should be one of the first steps. I feel it’s the right thing to do.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Any indication from the county council members how they're leaning, based on their comments/questions?

Best wishes, again.

AvidRider

Dec 3, 2010
    It will pass, 7-0 or at least 7-1 just like our nullification of SB281 vote did.

I will apologize in advance for not living on this forum, but this is a joke, right?

Nullification of SB281 was voted 7-1? Does that mean that SB281 is out the window soon?

AvidRider

Dec 3, 2010
    No. That was one of a couple county councils voting not to recognize it. Check out the thread by Patrick over in MD 2A for the lawsuit info.

Oh OK. Which pretty much means nothing, right? I mean, it's not like the dealers in those counties will be able to sell the firearms that Maryland banned, or that they can sell a regulated firearm (handgun) without an HQL, right?

It seems more like a symbolic vote than anything else.

huntman21014

Shooter
    Oct 3, 2010
    Glad to see this got noticed. I contacted Jim McMahon about the issue and he got right on it. He was surprised to see they were illegal. I was unable to go to the hearing as I was ill but glad to see it's on the right track.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Oh OK. Which pretty much means nothing, right? I mean, it's not like the dealers in those counties will be able to sell the firearms that Maryland banned, or that they can sell a regulated firearm (handgun) without an HQL, right?

It seems more like a symbolic vote than anything else.

Correct to all of that.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    How did the final vote go? And assuming it passed the County Council, will the County Executive sign the bill?

Mr H

Banana'd
    just a hunch.....

But I'd think Maryland Quartermaster might be an option at some point??!;)

Seriously, though... Look through the selections at midway, at least to get a baseline of what you think you might want, until you're ready to buy.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Anyone know a good local (preferably harford county) place to get a couple stun guns?

I haven't seen the Harford County legislation (if anyone has an online link that would be great) however in Anne Arundel County when they passed their bill there was a 45 day delay after the County Executive signed the bill before it took effect: http://www.aacounty.org/CountyCouncil/Resources/2013/18-13.pdf So if you want a local county supplier you'll have to wait until the bill becomes law, then vendors stock the units.

But for anyone looking to get a Taser online, the cheapest source I could find (for the C2 Gold Kit) was from Summit Gun Supply: http://www.summitgunsupply.com/non-lethal-defense/ I got my wife's unit from them for $325, whereas most other online sources have them listed in the $350-360 range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom