• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    WTF? How in the hell do you go though life without being registered to vote? unbelievable. Did they just show up for the pageantry? Are we the people permitted to have voter registration at our rallies?

****It's easy really. I think many people will not be bothered until something they value is taken away by those that DO vote and are involved in the process. As long as the cable tv works, the lights go on and off and the traffic signals work most people figure others will take care of things like electing good representation. I know many very intelligent people that have no clue about some of the issues going on in this country. They get their news from Maher, or Colbert, or read headlines in the Post and feel informed. They vote for reps as if it were a popularity contest and often are clueless on what issues a candidate supports when they can be bothered to be registered to vote. Sad really..

I don't think it would be a problem to have voter registration at our rallies and it should be part of the big picture strategy for us to be more effective in 2014. The left does this very effectively and get lots of people signed up when big elections come up. The last presidential election was huge for the left in terms of signing people up and they clearly had a better ground game.

We should do the same. Perhaps see if we can place documentation at gun shops and other 2A friendly places for voter registration. The gun shops, gun shows, etc.. have GREAT motivation to do this as the possibility is very real that many of them will lose lots of money if SB281 passes and many folks in the industry that serve the Maryland public will be out of jobs.

Just a thought.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    And if you don't believe they take the time to check and see if the people that are writing them are registered voters, they do. We were told after the vote on friday that his office checked on a lot of people and, for him, 25% were not registered voters. So threats from people that can't hurt them mean nothing.

25% is absurd for people trying to affect a political outcome. It makes us look bad.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I took my rights for granted and only joined the NRA about 4 years ago (life member now). It wasn't until I realized gun-rights and civil-rights are one and the same, and in Maryland there is a serious threat to both.

Citizens of New York lost many rights literally over night in an act of tyranny we haven't seen before.

Maryland is the new front line. Every gun owner in America has a vital interest in what is going on here, right now. The NRA should have / would have sent an army of Shannon Alford's if they could afford it; and the injustice that is occurring right now should be front page news. I never met or even saw an NRA rep for years before now. NRA's help appears to have been too little, too late. I'm putting my money, time, hope and trust in MSI and SAF. It's not too late for the NRA to make a more serious effort to help us here in Maryland. But it might take a lot of us contacting the NRA and asking for more help.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Maryland is the new front line. Every gun owner in America has a vital interest in what is going on here, right now. The NRA should have sent an army of Shannon Alford's; and the injustice that is occurring right now should be front page news. I never met or even saw an NRA rep for years before now. NRA's help appears to have been too little, too late. I'm putting my money, time, hope and trust in MSI and SAF. It's not too late for the NRA to make a more serious effort to help us here in Maryland. But it might take a lot of us contacting the NRA and asking for more help.
    NRA is putting a lot of effort and money into MD. They are not a nimble organization, so everything they do takes some time to put into effect because it has to go through multiple layers of approval. We will see more from them in the future. I am happy with what they have done, and what they plan to do.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I believe it was Ready that came back to us and apologized for the vote and talked to a lot of us, that told us that. He even said we need to get people to register and vote to turn this state around.

That's got to be our next mission. We are going to have to go door to door. People need to know how they voted on amendments that would have made things harder for the criminals.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    25% is absurd for people trying to affect a political outcome. It makes us look bad.

true, but they are not going to strike when we are strong, they will strike when weak. i personally had no idea they were coming this hard. I thought they would scale back because it will really hurt MoM.

All we can do is learn from it and make converts over the next 2 years, and hold them accountable.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    true, but they are not going to strike when we are strong, they will strike when weak. i personally had no idea they were coming this hard. I thought they would scale back because it will really hurt MoM.

All we can do is learn from it and make converts over the next 2 years, and hold them accountable.

:thumbsup:

I don't think any of us saw this coming. What is shows is that they do not see us as a threat. They feel they can tell us one thing and do another. We have to prove that we can affect things for them. Then they will listen. We are not a respected group amongst our "enemies".

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I know for a fact she helped formulate pro 2a game plan on friday, and I know that someone on our side screwed up big time.

keep in mind... WE are the NRA... it is an association of members... their pockets are only as deep as we make them.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I know for a fact she helped formulate pro 2a game plan on friday, and I know that someone on our side screwed up big time.

keep in mind... WE are the NRA... it is an association of members... their pockets are only as deep as we make them.

The NRA's pockets are much deeper than we make them. Anyone naive enough to believe that manufacturers aren't providing additional, unaccounted funds is crazy.

The NRA is slacking. Organizations with far less funding are satisfying agendas because they know how to play the game. The NRA can keep advertising and lobbying all they want. It will accomplish nothing.

Our only saving grace are the gun manufacturers. I see them doing what needs to be done with "proper" political relations.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Sounds like something we could get our IP's to ask when a gun purchase is made. A simple "are you registered to vote? and if not, a explanation as to why, now that they own a firearm, they should be.

MH

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

We (Maryland) is a decidedly blue state, we (gun owners) are the minority; and need help from larger national gun groups and individuals (NRA, GOA, etc.) to help us. I know a lot of individuals in Maryland (not just core MSI, NRA, etc. members) have already done a lot. I have an incredible amount of respect for the thousands that joined us in Annapolis, many of whom took off work or made other sacrifices to be there. If there was ever a time to pull out all the stops and empty the bank, it is now and it is here in Maryland.

NRA is putting a lot of effort and money into MD. They are not a nimble organization, so everything they do takes some time to put into effect because it has to go through multiple layers of approval. We will see more from them in the future. I am happy with what they have done, and what they plan to do.

I am pleased with NRA's support, and I'm looking forward to them doing more in the future. I don't have any information about their approval process or how much money they are putting out to help us. We see a few mailings, robo-calls (which both were effective by the way) and a full time staffer, and I assume she is getting support from NRA HQ if/when she needs. We could argue that they could always have done more, or didn't do enough.

That's got to be our next mission. We are going to have to go door to door. People need to know how they voted on amendments that would have made things harder for the criminals.

Agreed.

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The NRA's pockets are much deeper than we make them. Anyone naive enough to believe that manufacturers aren't providing additional, unaccounted funds is crazy.

The NRA is slacking. Organizations with far less funding are satisfying agendas because they know how to play the game. The NRA can keep advertising and lobbying all they want. It will accomplish nothing.

Our only saving grace are the gun manufacturers. I see them doing what needs to be done with "proper" political relations.

So we can just buy votes from anti-gun politicians?

MikeFly

Sep 16, 2012
    Carroll County
    The NRA is not perfect but they do a great job for us. A great deal of it is not necessarily on the front stage but behind the scenes. Behind the scenes, they can be more a greater impact. There are many citizens out there who are not pro 2A who view the NRA and its members as a bunch of gun nuts. Look at some of the MOM or other anti 2A Facebook pages. One of the comments that comes up is that they cant wait until all the NRA people go away. They think that the NRA is a bunch of lobbyists from DC. What they forget is that the NRA people are their neighbors, coworkers and family.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    when issues like that of "Good Friday" occur and steal the rights of gun owners? Does anyone know what Shannon Alford does when she sees the state legislature blatantly trample the constitution? Just curious. It was so blatant and out in the open that I can't imagine that someone of some importance isn't going to take up the issue. While not directly related to Woolard, Gura should be provided with this info so he can build a case for the illegal activity of the MGA.

Hum what ever she can I expect. No one is going to take this lying down.

Just stand ready MONEY will be needed.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    A lot of people feel that if we'd just used a different strategy we could have defeated this. You saw what we had to work with in that committee room. They are obviously not worried about us. We have never been a threat to their seats before, and just because we show up in numbers doesn't mean we can get them out of office. They aren't afraid. They need to be. 2014.

Did you know that one of the delegates looked at those who wrote opposing the bill and 40% WERE NOT registered to vote? If we can keep up momentum, if we can get some of the people who gave us assurances they would vote one way before they voted another out of office, then we can look these people in the eye ans say "we will work against you" and there will be a viable threat behind it.

I am tired of the second guessing.

I am tired of the we lost before it started.
    And I am tired of eating our young.

THIS IS NOT THE TIME. THAT IS ALL.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    If it's true that between 25-40% of us are not even registered to vote, it is shameful. We need to find out the requirements to register people to vote and get set up at every gun store, indoor range, gun show and the AGC and have a massive voter registration drive.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I am tired of the second guessing.

I am tired of the we lost before it started.
    And I am tired of eating our young.

THIS IS NOT THE TIME. THAT IS ALL.

I don't think many of us went into this with the idea that we lost before we started. We still need to do whatever we can until it has passed the House and the Senate. Hindsight has certainly taught us some things. We have tried, we have learned. The important thing is that we take what failures we have had and learn from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom