• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mendozaco

Dec 5, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    I made a video of the process of converting 357 sig brass into 8mm Nambu. This was my first video and I'm not a professional Youtuber. Hope it can help some of you.

Note: Approximately about 80% of the brass will work with your pistol and can be reloaded several times after the conversation. Each Nambu has it's particular tolerance and you will need to find the correct brass thickness for your pistol. In my case, my pistol preferred .4125 instead of .413 thickness. Try resizing at least 20 pieces at .413 first and if it does not fire or eject, pull the bullet, primer and reduce the thickness to .4125. You need a good sample size to measure the correct thickness for each that performed with your Nambu. 20 is a good sample size for evaluating. One of the two thickness may work.

Good luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi5s6xHrojk

Attachments

• 8mm Nambu1.gif
      8mm Nambu1.gif
      6 KB · Views: 783

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Thanks! Appreciate the info as I like the Nambu's but while I have some, sadly, the cost of ammo keeps me from taking them out. Reloading now so I think this is doable for me.

Really appreciate you taking the time to do it and share the info!

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    It's pretty expensive if/when you find it, Starline makes brass but it's not cheap either.

Do they still make brass for it? I couldn’t find any on their website.

I know they used to make it back in the 80’s. I have a partial box of ammo from back then using their brass.

I wish Starline wouldn’t be so hardheaded and would make brass for more uncommon calibers like 7.65 Longue, .348 Winchester, .43 Mauser, etc. They’d make a killing since nobody else does except Bertram. And Bertram cases must be made out of gold considering how much they charge for them.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Totally agree about Starline. Years ago the French forum on GB was abuzz with the rumor that Starline was going to produce 7.65 French long. Sadly it was just that.

kandainv

Mar 2, 2015
    Resurrecting this old thread. Is anyone here still playing with making 8mm Nambu brass? I have some questions.

Thanks,

krf

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom