• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chevellenut71

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Cape Saint Clare / Annapolis
    I picked up one of those Colt Police Trade-in Restricted models from Gary at High Rock Outfitters (that was the shameless plug for Gary.):D an IP here. The rifle is sweet and looks like it only has been fired a few times. Other then the rack marks on it, it's in great shape. Still has the department tag on it which helped me get the matching Department Patch:party29:..... A Special Thanks to Wisconsin Mequon PD. For trading this bad boy in.:D

Attachments

• 20170109_175410.jpg
      20170109_175410.jpg
      86.3 KB · Views: 535
    • 20161231_145415.jpg
      20161231_145415.jpg
      87.5 KB · Views: 540
    • 20161231_145424.jpg
      20161231_145424.jpg
      65.2 KB · Views: 534
    • 20161231_145615.jpg
      20161231_145615.jpg
      48.5 KB · Views: 534

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I picked up one of those Colt Police Trade-in Restricted models from Gary at High Rock Outfitters (that was the shameless plug for Gary.):D an IP here. The rifle is sweet and looks like it only has been fired a few times. Other then the rack marks on it, it's in great shape. Still has the department tag on it which helped me get the matching Department Patch:party29:..... A Special Thanks to Wisconsin Mequon PD. For trading this bad boy in.:D

Sconnies are cool like that.

I would be curious what you said. "Hey I have one of your old rifles, can you get me a patch???" :rolleyes:

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Very nice! I got it's twin from Gary a couple of weeks ago - the Squad #8 rifle. Next week I am meeting up with Chad (Clandestine) so he can look it over before I take it out - my endplate / castle nut staking is a little off. Chad is replacing the endplate and castle nut with genuine Colt parts. I don't plan to change a thing on it although I did add a very basic, "as-issued" type sling.

Arms Unlimited has some real Colt 20 round magazines for $20 with free shipping - they seemed to go with the LE 6721 better than the P-Mags.

Attachments

• my colt 1.jpg
      my colt 1.jpg
      38.9 KB · Views: 445
    • my colt 3.jpg
      my colt 3.jpg
      59.5 KB · Views: 443
    • Colt 20rd Mag 2.jpg
      Colt 20rd Mag 2.jpg
      69.4 KB · Views: 447
    • Colt 20rd Mag 1.jpg
      Colt 20rd Mag 1.jpg
      57.7 KB · Views: 448

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Very nice! I got it's twin from Gary a couple of weeks ago - the Squad #8 rifle. Next week I am meeting up with Chad (Clandestine) so he can look it over before I take it out - my endplate / castle nut staking is a little off. Chad is replacing the endplate and castle nut with genuine Colt parts. I don't plan to change a thing on it although I did add a very basic, "as-issued" type sling.

Arms Unlimited has some real Colt 20 round magazines for $20 with free shipping - they seemed to go with the LE 6721 better than the P-Mags.

Legal picture because of "cat feet" ? :lol2:

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Chevellnut,

Is your delta ring a little chewed up? When I got mine, Gary had two at his shop for me to choose from, both had banged up delta rings. My guess is that it was from the rack in the car. Just curious if yours had similar "wear". I have no intention of replacing the delta ring on mine. It doesn't effect functionality and to me it just adds character to it as an ex-police rifle.

chevellenut71

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Cape Saint Clare / Annapolis
    Chevellnut,

Is your delta ring a little chewed up? When I got mine, Gary had two at his shop for me to choose from, both had banged up delta rings. My guess is that it was from the rack in the car. Just curious if yours had similar "wear". I have no intention of replacing the delta ring on mine. It doesn't effect functionality and to me it just adds character to it as an ex-police rifle.

Yes. Has two little marks on the Delta Ring. And Im not going to change a thing on mine as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom