Carroll County Practical Pistol Association.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nodak Kid

Jun 30, 2013
    USA
    Please keep me in the loop as the details come available. Over the past few months my shooting at the range (very relaxed environment) has improved. I have no idea on how one would react to a very stressful situation. For this reason I feel the additional training would be a great benefit.

Thank you

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Okay here's some baseline rules.

Thinking about 281 so figured I'd make it easier.

You will need a minimum.
    Ear and eye pro (needs to be easily removed for range/safety instruction)
    A holster that retains the weapon even held upside down.
    Three mags and holders for such
    We prefer you bring at most TWO pistols. Your HD and SD weapon. Only got one? Bring it.

HD=Home Defense
    SD=Self Defense (CCW)

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Damn, I missed this thread yesterday. Though you brought this up last night, I see what you're saying. I'm definitely interested.

... and to think, I thought we were just meeting up for beers.

mopar92

May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    The other safety rules are firearms are HOLSTERED EMPTY. As you qual better and better you will be given more freedom.

Any stupid actions WILL GET YOU KICKED OFF THE RANGE.

All misses will be time penalties (3 seconds) and 10 push ups. If you are not in shape enough to do push ups. Jumping jacks will suffice. Those with true medical issues are exempt.

NO RACE GUNS. This is NOT a competition we simply use a competition format to induce stress.

Centerfire pistols or revolver only.

Malfunctions are your problem. You're on the clock, fix 'em.

DO NOT BRING MATCH AMMO. We are shooting for hits not groups.

mopar92

May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    When?
    Open enrollment will be springtime
    Where?
    Likely Taneytown
    Cost?
    Minus an as yet to be determined (minor though) buy in to the organization for equipment, such as targets and frames, stopwatches etc. PROBABLY (IN NO WAY DEFINITIVE) $35 a match. (Includes range fee, expansion slush fund, and a donation to MLFDA).

Oh and any and all interested will be vetted prior to live fire attendance.

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    I'm in. Don't know how I missed this thread before. I've been looking to get into more competitive shooting. Let me know what I can do to help :)

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    When?
    Open enrollment will be springtime
    Where?
    Likely Taneytown
    Cost?
    Minus an as yet to be determined (minor though) buy in to the organization for equipment, such as targets and frames, stopwatches etc. PROBABLY (IN NO WAY DEFINITIVE) $35 a match. (Includes range fee, expansion slush fund, and a donation to MLFDA).

Oh and any and all interested will be vetted prior to live fire attendance.

Count me in

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    If theres enough interest we can do a rimfire portion as well.

How about a September 28th meet and greet for those interested?

09/28 will be good by me if at 8:00 PM, say at Johannson's or O'Lordans (really wanna some feesh'n'cheeps:D, we can get about 20 people there if you let Cody know in advance).

Mopar and I discussed the idea of this practical shootin' long into the night of 08/31. My main concern in regard to this is SAFETY, SAFETY, and MORE SAFETY!!!!! In my past, I'm used to advanced handgun shooters utilizing loaded firearms drawing from the holster and proceeding with directed live fire. We have to incorporate the standard of safety to match that of those that are unfamiliar with a PPC or similar course of fire, not to mention the draw of a loaded firearm from a secured holster. So in turn for safety's sake, he and I have pretty much worked this out to make it exciting, fun, little stressful, and above all else..........SAFE. All of those that are interested, let's put it in for the 28th at 8:00 PM at Johannson's or O'Lordan's. Mopar will be the one coordinating at which venue we will meet (but I REALLY wants me sum feesh'n cheeps).:D

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I'd be interested in the events however meet and greets are pretty much out for me. If I'm not working I'm doing the Daddy Daycare thing.

baconsandwich

master of the obvious
    Apr 20, 2013
    Baltimore City
    I can't make it on the 28th due to a wedding. But I'll be at Guns-N-Grub on Oct 5. I know some of you will be there, perhaps I can introduce myself then

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom