• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I prefer brass. But if Lou would ever get away from the USGI crap (at least in AR's) then he would know that if your AR or other weapon won't run on any SAAMI spec ammo the problem is your gun not the ammo.

Brass fo' da stockpile. Steel for high round count days.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I will not run it in my ar's because if all the crap I hear.... But my remington 700 sps I a different story.

A manual r'peeter such as a bolt gun is fine for that stuff.

I prefer brass. But if Lou would ever get away from the USGI crap (at least in AR's) then he would know that if your AR or other weapon won't run on any SAAMI spec ammo the problem is your gun not the ammo.

Brass fo' da stockpile. Steel for high round count days.

Steel case stuff isn't U.S.G.I. Mil Spec and there's a multitude of damned good reasons for it.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    A manual r'peeter such as a bolt gun is fine for that stuff.

Steel case stuff isn't U.S.G.I. Mil Spec and there's a multitude of damned good reasons for it.

No it isn't Mil Spec. But the Mil Spec for ARs has been superseded many times over by the aftermarket. Hence the procurement of COTS products for the SOCOM and SOCOM II M4A1 upgrade packages. Not to mention the over reliance of the .mil on components proven to be less effective than COTS products.

You know me Lou, and you know I know AR's. I'd put my rifle against an AK in a durability test any time someone wants to. But I wouldn't do that with a USGI Colt. Not to mention some of the dirty little secrets the Colts have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom