Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    Latest update from the State Police:

Initial Reviews from: 05/31/2013

Secondary Reviews from: 05/30/2013

Applications Received: 102,001

Current Backlog: 49,745

I just heard on the news tonight that the Maryland State Police will not require licenses from anyone whose firearms purchase application is submitted by 09/30/2013.

I can not confirm the above from the Maryland State Police web-site.

The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    The Maryland State Police are screwing up with the processing information. They used to post it based on the work they were doing on Fridays. Now it looks like they are posting whenever they get around to it.

The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    Latest update from the Maryland State Police.

Initial Reviews From: 06/17/2013

Secondary Reviews From: 05/30/2013

Applications Received: 117,009

Current Backlog: 62,436

bullett67

Aug 17, 2013
    eastern shore md
    I bought it with my card Sunday. Tuesday I went back and said I want to return it. I showed my receipt. They pulled it out from the back (I obviously never took posession, I only touched it once) and did a return like you would return a t-shirt or anything else. $ credited back to my card. They had not sent the paperwork out yet. However they refused to destroy it either - said they still have to send it out to MSP.

Confusing

I bought my first handgun from gander also, paid for it in June and have not heard a word from them. I called yesterday and the guy had no clue about needing the HQL or when he thought I would get my gun, never again will I shop there!:sad20:

The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    Here Is the current latest update from the Maryland State Police:

Initial reviews from: 07/16/2013

Secondary reviews from: 06/23/2013

Applications received so far in 2013: 117,353

Backlog: 56,549

Yeah!!! It looks like my second form has been processed.

This is as of Oct. 18, 2013

Last edited:

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    I purchased from Bass Pro Shop at Arundel Mills. I don't know how they submit the paperwork. I'm going to stop in tomorrow and check.
    Why would you buy at Bass pro? Most local dealers have better pricing and more personal service. One of my regular customers is a Bass Pro employee and he doesn't even buy from them because of poor service and pricing.

Last edited:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Here Is the current latest update from the Maryland State Police:

Initial reviews from: 07/16/2013

Secondary reviews from: 06/23/2013

Applications received so far in 2013: 117,353

Backlog: 56,549

Yeah!!! It looks like my second form has been processed.

This is as of Oct. 18, 2013

This is anecdotal information, so treat it as such. I was at Gunrunners in Frederick yesterday and the proprietor mentioned that approvals for handgun purchases in October were coming back in less than a week (and these were all law enforcement or military thus far and not HQL as yet). He still needed to wait 8 days before doing the release. Sounds like the new 77Rs for regulated firearms (handguns) are being treated differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    I just found out that the reports from the Maryland State Police can not be relied on as far as what date they are up to. This is because they just grabbed bunches of applications and shipped them out to other agencies to process. No first come first served. Just grab and go.

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    I purchased a Sig P238 from Bass Pro a week ago. Anyone purchase a regulated firearm recently? If so, how long did it take to get a response from the MSP? I know it says 7 days, but no one will release it until they get a response from them.

Thanks.
    I just receiving apps filed end of June beginning July for my customers. Plan on February delivery - unless shop gives 8th day release.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Figured I'd throw this in the mix, I did the paperwork on a 629 Smith on 11/16, my FFL told me that he got the paperwork back for it on 11/18.
    Picked up the firearm on 11/25.

QM2

Nov 27, 2013
    Maryland
    Figured I'd throw this in the mix, I did the paperwork on a 629 Smith on 11/16, my FFL told me that he got the paperwork back for it on 11/18.
    Picked up the firearm on 11/25.

Sweet... Waiting on a return from a mid Sept purchase still... Yet, I purchased another pistol last week and was told to pick it up in 8 days..... Guess it's the FFL's decision in the end regardless of MSP....( two different FFL's) Meaning, one actually takes the time to call MSP and the other doesn't....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom