• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwelliott

May 17, 2006
    Columbia
    I shot the PA State match at Hollidaysburg yesterday and was able to come away with some video. Corey put on a great match that had a nice combination of stages that included the right balance between speed and accuracy.

mwelliott

May 17, 2006
    Columbia
    no, i always find out about them the day after and im not sure how well it'd go over that I can only use 1 hand and not kneel :(

As long as you are safe you would be welcome at any range I shoot at. If you want, shoot me an email or PM and we can work on finding a local match BEFORE they happen. :)

Even if you have to take some procedurals it wouldn't be the end of the world as long as you have fun while shooting.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Nice job Mike. Impressed with your mag changes and the way your able to manage the recoil. Way to go. :thumbsup:

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    no, i always find out about them the day after and im not sure how well it'd go over that I can only use 1 hand and not kneel :(

This is something we can work with in our FunShoot venue, it can be as competitive or not, as the shooter likes. Check out the blog below for some detail, and then PM me if interested, and I'll get you going. As long as your are safe, we can work thru physical limitations, even if you need a loading buddy.

g

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.

Can not speak to other IDPA matches being held but AAFG has always seemed to me to be friendly to the beginning shooter. Another way of saying, I think they can be accommodating to your condition.
    If you have trouble loading, and changing magazines, it sounds like a BUG match would be good for you because reloads are not on the clock.

You can also watch the machine (mwelliot) in action at most of the matches held at AAFG.

mwelliott

May 17, 2006
    Columbia
    Thanks for the comments. I don't always have someone video so I thought it would be reasonable to share. Overall my performance was fine with no major screw-ups. Due to the way IDPA scores matches I ended up with 1st ESP MA. I actually earned 2nd ESP MA but the person who beat me took the Division Champion spot so everyone moves up.

I did have 7.06 seconds added to my raw time on stage 3 due to an error that I didn't catch on Saturday. It doesn't change anything in ESP MA but would put me 3rd overall for the whole match instead of 7th overall.

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    Congrats Mike!

It was a great match, at a beautiful club. See you next week at the Liberty Match. If I'm lucky I will finally get bumped to CDP EX so you can kick my but at the Indoor Nationals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom