• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    Shooters we are getting the ball rolling for a 2013 State Match. I just want to get this on the schedule for everyone and try and get an opinion on who can work this and what folks think about the format. I will be the Match Director next year and with the outstanding crew I think this will be the best match yet.

Looking for input on the following.

I am thinking of a fall match (good weather and dry just need to see about conflicts with other matches)

Looking at Friday, Saturday and Sunday (only can be done with enough staff)

Looking at putting together a SO package (special raffle, compensation for out of area SO's for lodging, shirt for each day worked)

We have a plan for 12 stages

Would you pay extra for catered food (or keep dogs and burger fare) about $10

Just want to know thoughts and interest

jason.krywicki

Sep 8, 2007
    GB, MD
    I think a Fall MD championship sounds like a good idea. I'd volunteer to be an SO as well. Catered food always works out well at the bigger matches in my opinion. I assume you're looking at Sanners as the host site?

Jason

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    I think a Fall MD championship sounds like a good idea. I'd volunteer to be an SO as well. Catered food always works out well at the bigger matches in my opinion. I assume you're looking at Sanners as the host site?

Jason

Yes it will still be at Sanners Lake Sportsmans Club.

Thanks for your input.

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    I'm in. :party29:

Fall works well.

Based on your description, it looks as though your thinking of an all day format. You may want to reconsider, I believe 1/2 day formats work the best.

Catered is nice, but burgers and dogs may be easier to coordinate.

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    I'm in. :party29:

Fall works well.

Based on your description, it looks as though your thinking of an all day format. You may want to reconsider, I believe 1/2 day formats work the best.

Catered is nice, but burgers and dogs may be easier to coordinate.

That is an option we talked about but, for people out of town that requires them to stay the night or an extra night. I like the half day format and we will see this is the main reason I have this post out here to see what people want.

Thank you for your input.

mwelliott

May 17, 2006
    Columbia
    Generally September/October is packed with IDPA matches in this area but I am in when you can find a spot.

I would also assume I can get Predator Tactical or GlockTriggers.com to become a sponsor.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    I certainly will help SO the event. Make sure you are not competing with other major IDPAS events, USPSA, IPSIC, yada, yada, holidays, schools out and so on. In the past the Boy Scouts have done all the work on cooking burgers and dogs. It is much cheaper, more convient and I think helps them towards earning one of their patches/qualifications. Good for everyone.
    Concentrate on safety, good stages, loads of sponsors (kind of late in the year for their budgets so ask early) and lots of door prizes. Trophies are a given. Are you planning on chronographing (or however its spelled)? No, I will not volunteer, been there, done that.
    Lets talk sometime.

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    Generally September/October is packed with IDPA matches in this area but I am in when you can find a spot.

+1

Though I would rather have it in the spring (April like we did in 2011 would be perfect) to deconflict with other matches, I will be there regardless of when it is held. I would be happy to help SO as well. I prefer the cheap food so we can keep the cost down or buy more guns/prizes.

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    I certainly will help SO the event. Make sure you are not competing with other major IDPAS events, USPSA, IPSIC, yada, yada, holidays, schools out and so on. In the past the Boy Scouts have done all the work on cooking burgers and dogs. It is much cheaper, more convient and I think helps them towards earning one of their patches/qualifications. Good for everyone.
    Concentrate on safety, good stages, loads of sponsors (kind of late in the year for their budgets so ask early) and lots of door prizes. Trophies are a given. Are you planning on chronographing (or however its spelled)? No, I will not volunteer, been there, done that.
    Lets talk sometime.

Yes I will avoid that and I am working sponsors already.

Thanks for volenteering to run the chrono

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville

I would also assume I can get Predator Tactical or GlockTriggers.com to become a sponsor.

Yes sir! I would be glad to have you as a sponsor. It was great working with you last match.

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville

+1

Though I would rather have it in the spring (April like we did in 2011 would be perfect) to deconflict with other matches, I will be there regardless of when it is held. I would be happy to help SO as well. I prefer the cheap food so we can keep the cost down or buy more guns/prizes.

Thanks Mikey!

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    A note on the prize table.

Most of the prizes we had on the table with the exception of the guns were generous donations from our sponsors. I want to always point this out so you continue to support the sponsors of the match. You all see how Predator Tactical offered without even being asked. With out these generous folks we would never be able to draw such a quality match.

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    IDPA State Match Volunteer

Volunteers please PM me using the tittle above. I understand this would be tentative on the date but, I am trying to get an idea. Looking for 30 to 40 SO's/Worker. Please give me your IDPA # and qualifications.

I just need to get that spread sheet rolling.

We will work it like this.

If work one day Saturday or Sunday it is a half price for the match and you get a SO shirt, meal and, 1 raffle ticket.

If you work both days there is no match fee, and you get a 2nd SO shirt, 2nd meal and, 2nd raffle ticket.

Thanks!

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    So If I understand this right Polecat will run the Chrony as long as we get him boy scouts....
    There is a reason I only visit you SMIBS on special occasions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom