• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Anyone buy high(er) cap mags from gunbunker south of york. Worth the drive? Other close choices? Thanks.

I have a friend in New Freedom I have mags shipped too. Surprised a bunch of us haven’t gone in on a P.O. Box across the line.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Can’t say i blame the border stores for high prices. They are sort of engaging in a public service for those of us locked in the free state. Nope, can.’t move.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Gunbunker. Over $60 for a 39-45 mag? Left it on the counter. Was determined and the next store was freedom armory, and it was 54. Still crazy, but a trend was developing. Glad to have it. And oh yes, at freedom arms they rent for use on their range a WWII thompson wi5 a stick mag. Must be a $30k gun.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    For $10 in gas, you could have gotten the mags for list price...

Yes, indeed. But such a long time to drive there. Maybe next time in leesburg or harpers ferry. Cabelas in christiana not to far, but shelves can looked picked over like a ruskie supermarket.

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    I have a friend in New Freedom I have mags shipped too. Surprised a bunch of us haven’t gone in on a P.O. Box across the line.

Even when having mags shipped out of state, I have been denied an online purchase because my debit card was tied to a MD address. I assume not all sites do this, but in this case it was direct from Ruger, IIRC.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Yes, indeed. But such a long time to drive there. Maybe next time in leesburg or harpers ferry. Cabelas in christiana not to far, but shelves can looked picked over like a ruskie supermarket.

Every so often you need to head south anyway: Harper's Ferry, Luray Caverns, Skyline Drive, Natural Bridge, etc.
    It's good for the soul.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I don't know if the mag prices are the absolute best, but you can special order a lot of stuff online for in store pick up in shop in Gettysburg. Lots of history to see up there and you can make a day out of it.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Even when having mags shipped out of state, I have been denied an online purchase because my debit card was tied to a MD address. I assume not all sites do this, but in this case it was direct from Ruger, IIRC.

I usually buy from individuals, for example recently got 3 brand new in wrapper Surefire 60 round mags, guy wanted $85 each shipped I asked him how much for all 3 and he came down to $70 per. Couldn’t beat the deal through any online store. I know the 100rd is ungainly but I really want one too :)

https://www.surefire.com/mag5-60.html

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    How does this work? Do you need to let them know a package is coming? Sign up for something? Or just have it shipped there and pay when you pick up?

Call them when it ships and let them know you have a package coming. They will hold it for you. Make sure it is sent via UPS or FedEx, they will not accept or hold USPS packages unless you have box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom