• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daveyboysmith

There's a search box?!?!
    Aug 10, 2011
    Ellicott city
    You may come and observe, however you must stay outside of the immediate shooting area. You should have no trouble observing each of the four stages.

Some else to keep in mind. Because we are shooting steel, you will need to wear Full Wrap around eye protection and hearing protection.

:thumbsup: Thanks!

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Is this open to the public to watch? would like to come experience it as a guest before actually shooting it.

A couple of slots have opened up. Why not bring your gear and give this a try. It is really quite simple and not too intimidating at all. Just listen to the SO commands, keep your finger off the trigger until you have a sight picture, and blast away. I think you will regret sitting on the sidelines when you see how elementary this really is.

https://practiscore.com/associated-gun-clubs-steel-challenge-oct-12-2019/register

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    OK, just went to the range for a tune-up before tomorrow (looks like great weather!). Decided I'd break out the almost-never-used Sub2K for the PCC round. Heh. What a goofy gun that is. But it'll work! Even if it does cover you with crud. Nobody who commits a crime with a Sub2K will ever be able to remove the GSR. I think I might call mine Lady MacBeth from now on.

Looking forward to the fun. Hopefully Squad Three is the Out Of Shape Desk Jockey Squad so I won't embarrass myself any more than usual.

Mar 6, 2019
    OK, just went to the range for a tune-up before tomorrow (looks like great weather!). Decided I'd break out the almost-never-used Sub2K for the PCC round. Heh. What a goofy gun that is. But it'll work! Even if it does cover you with crud. Nobody who commits a crime with a Sub2K will ever be able to remove the GSR. I think I might call mine Lady MacBeth from now on.

Looking forward to the fun. Hopefully Squad Three is the Out Of Shape Desk Jockey Squad so I won't embarrass myself any more than usual.

I probably should have done a few more pistol range trips but I’ve been playing on the trap range instead. It might be time to get that steel certification so I can have fun at the pistol range too. At least one member of the Out Of Shape Desk Jockey Squad will be in squad 1.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Just a reminder, the parking on the opposite side of the road from the action shooting bays is DIAGONALLY. This will allow us to get a few more vehicles over there and with 39 shooters we are going to need every spot.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Got a bunch of mags loaded and (hopefully) all the crap I'll ever need staged and ready to go out the door bright and early in the morning...now, if only I could fall asleep :tap:

:o

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Doing this on something like four hours of sleep is my way of keeping my scores modest for everyone else. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

What is it about early morning stuff that keeps me from hitting the sack early like a rational person? See y’all there! I’ll be the one yawning.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I wish I could stay asleep:innocent0

Amen to that.:rolleyes: it's not just Christmas Eve excitement about what's going on the next day (although that is certainly part of it :D ), I always have a hard time staying asleep when I know I have to get up early. My subconscious doesn't trust my alarm, so every hour or so, I bolt awake, look at the clock, and say, "not yet, thank goodness," over and over. That does not make for waking up feeling refreshed at all:sad20:

Doing this on something like four hours of sleep is my way of keeping my scores modest for everyone else. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

What is it about early morning stuff that keeps me from hitting the sack early like a rational person? See y’all there! I’ll be the one yawning.

Don't say that! Now people are going to get us mixed up!:indiffere

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Safety brief

Attachments

• 998BF0F5-9C63-4C2D-A21B-16977535CCCA.jpg
      998BF0F5-9C63-4C2D-A21B-16977535CCCA.jpg
      165.5 KB · Views: 240

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Thanks to the guys who organized this. I can see that there is a lot of work that must go into planning and setting all of this stuff up.

Also for anyone who has never done this before, which was my case, it is a very low pressure environment to get your feet wet. The RO’s/Match Directors were really helpful in calling out minor procedural errors that I was about to make. After the first stage didn’t feel any anxiety at all from that point on.

I’ll be joining the next one, work schedule permitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom