• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I will make this simple.. you are not everybody mdshooters is not even close to were policy is made, and we are doing it.

Md most likely will be left out in the cold but I sure don't care if you don't.

Now I will concede that MD is a liability in the national fight.. but hell I would prefer they are on board.. but you see they have nothing to trade. Can't keep their own house in order as it were.

Nice evasion, bub. Can you answer my questions?

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Bottom line it would set an upper bound on the hoops needed to get a permit. And allso a lower bound on were that permit is good.

I also know that universal background check are going to be near impossible to prevent.

I have to agree with BK here, despite his presentation, that universal checks are something that is more than likely coming whether we like it or not. We NEED to be smarter than the antis and get something in exchange.

I had a similar idea here:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=3470054#post3470054
    ... with the creation of a new I-FFL class that could preserver our rights to private sales, give the antis universal checks, give us new purchase and sale venues, and establish a framework for a national CCW.

This isn't about mooting the work of the SAF v. unconstitutional State statutes or relocating those powers to the Federal government. It's simply a vessel to provide the legal execution of a Constitutional right in the face of unconstitutional State and local laws. No one would be required to get a National CCW, but it would give those living in NYC, DC, CA, etc. a vehicle to exercise their rights until all the various anti-2A laws can be litigated or voted away. Think of how long post-13A, post-CRA, various States continued to pass civil right violating statutes.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I have to agree with BK here, despite his presentation, that universal checks are something that is more than likely coming whether we like it or not. We NEED to be smarter than the antis and get something in exchange.

I had a similar idea here:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=3470054#post3470054
    ... with the creation of a new I-FFL class that could preserver our rights to private sales, give the antis universal checks, give us new purchase and sale venues, and establish a framework for a national CCW.

This isn't about mooting the work of the SAF v. unconstitutional State statutes or relocating those powers to the Federal government. It's simply a vessel to provide the legal execution of a Constitutional right in the face of unconstitutional State and local laws. No one would be required to get a National CCW, but it would give those living in NYC, DC, CA, etc. a vehicle to exercise their rights until all the various anti-2A laws can be litigated or voted away. Think of how long post-13A, post-CRA, various States continued to pass civil right violating statutes.

Saf is in the lead on this its why I am behind it.. I spoke to Alan gotlieb at the grpc.. he knows what he is doing and I spoke to him for 5-10 min about the Strict Scrutiny problem

What I have posted about UBC is direct from him....the audio should be on the Saf web site by now,

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Why aren't you going to answer them? If you answer the questions, it might help me understand your views and abilities.

See now that's asking ...

I am trying to set up a meet to discuss some national issues...and regional

Not trying to one up any of the groups.. it just a meetup but we talk business..

Lots of stuff should not be online...sometimes because its ncessary to keep surprise..but also because the ideas are influx.

Now if you are in earnest and I can figure out when and how... all advocates , subject to space, are welcome..

I am also trying to get some real experts ...lawyers who work with Saf to help us learn what we need ...

So if we can stop with the pound on Brooklyn game...

Let's make this working meetup happen..

We need to be ready for the MGA session and the election dominated everything since the GRPC... so timeing is tight.

Work with me and I will work with you....

And others.. if I can get the place I hope to ...figure about 15 -20..but the idea is do as many as we can...

And I could use help getting this going...

I am mostly a lone wolf.. I have great deficiency in oragiusational skills...and spelling..

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    See now that's asking ...

I am trying to set up a meet to discuss some national issues...and regional

Not trying to one up any of the groups.. it just a meetup but we talk business..

Lots of stuff should not be online...sometimes because its ncessary to keep surprise..but also because the ideas are influx.

Now if you are in earnest and I can figure out when and how... all advocates , subject to space, are welcome..

I am also trying to get some real experts ...lawyers who work with Saf to help us learn what we need ...

So if we can stop with the pound on Brooklyn game...

Let's make this working meetup happen..

We need to be ready for the MGA session and the election dominated everything since the GRPC... so timeing is tight.

Work with me and I will work with you....

And others.. if I can get the place I hope to ...figure about 15 -20..but the idea is do as many as we can...

And I could use help getting this going...

I am mostly a lone wolf.. I have great deficiency in oragiusational skills...and spelling..

Your condescending attitude and your lone wolf mentality is what turns people off. Alter that slightly and you will be more approachable and people would be more willing to work with you instead of fight with you. The choice on those things are yours to make.

Pound on Brooklyn game? There is no pounding on you, it is correcting you where you are wrong and you get a bit of butthurt by being proven wrong. I don't see that as pounding on somebody, I see that as trying to educate somebody that doesn't have the right information. If they don't have the right information, that person is a liability to the cause. Makes sense, eh?

I'm all for a roundtable or meetup with people to get our voices heard, but you need to realize that the odds of one person making a difference, because they are a lone wolf, will not make any impact, other than drive people away from the cause. I am willing to help you smooth out those rough spots, but you have to be willing to play ball.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Your condescending attitude and your lone wolf mentality is what turns people off. Alter that slightly and you will be more approachable and people would be more willing to work with you instead of fight with you. The choice on those things are yours to make.

Pound on Brooklyn game? There is no pounding on you, it is correcting you where you are wrong and you get a bit of butthurt by being proven wrong. I don't see that as pounding on somebody, I see that as trying to educate somebody that doesn't have the right information. If they don't have the right information, that person is a liability to the cause. Makes sense, eh?

I'm all for a roundtable or meetup with people to get our voices heard, but you need to realize that the odds of one person making a difference, because they are a lone wolf, will not make any impact, other than drive people away from the cause. I am willing to help you smooth out those rough spots, but you have to be willing to play ball.

So when you told me to go to history class.. because you think there is no relvent difference between federal law and district law that was just correction.

And when I decided not to be baited and just point out the sense of what I was saying,which is correct btw and you again told me off.. correction again...

See I work with lots of folks. and I am making an impact.. know why...? Because I let folks take what I say and use it or not. I don't sell ...I don't push and I don't cajoje.. but most if all I don't waste time with folks that think they have all the answers..

I find it quite amusing to think, that in forum full of, frankly dicks , my style is the biggest issue. OK its my fault..

But.... Are we still conviced as many here were that

1. Hogan can't win.
    2.The HQL issue will not kill off ffls.
    3. Hogan needs to run his campaign and we can only hurt.
    4. The key to carry in MD other than the court is national pressure,
    5. It may be possible to get national reciprocity with out compromising state powers..
    6. The burden of proof is on those that propose the restriction of a fundamental right not those that opose the restriction.

Yes I am an ass. Because this forum is full of asses, and many bray more than they listen.

Did I overshoot ...probably. would I be heard over the din had I not...far from clear, and I am willing to take it on the chin to get folks to hear.

Now none of this was unintentional.. I bait too.

So many have said these points other than I. And nicer I am sure.. but I have no evidence they were heard.

So here we are... I am willing to be an ass to be heard of the din of asses.

Btw John Joslen decided not to be an ass and he moved on..there are others..

In a forum full of asses I find it quite amusing that my style is the proplem

OK its my fault.

Lots of work to do, let's get on with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom