• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    This is a shame. I had good luck with their .38/.357 for my lever gun. Wasn't a big fan of their 9mm ammo, and their rifle ammo quality varied on use and cartridge/caliber. With regular ammo prices being as low as they have been since Trump was elected, Freedom had a real hard time being competitive in price or quality. Hopefully they restructure quickly and come back with a more competitive business model.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Used to buy from them because it was cheap and free shipping. Not anymore, with the recent price drop on Ammo, they stuck at their old prices. So, I buy from whom ever is cheaper!

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    The ammo was just average at best! Shipping sucked!
    Customer service should have been renamed, I don't know, that's all I know.

Good for the industry that a bad producer of ammo and service is gone.

S&WDDS

Feb 26, 2015
    Howard County
    I've never had as much trouble with them as it seems many on this thread have. I did think it was curious how they started selling factory ammo all of a sudden. I suppose with the nearest Cabela's 3 hours away, I'll have to explore some of the other options listed above.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I've never had as much trouble with them as it seems many on this thread have. I did think it was curious how they started selling factory ammo all of a sudden. I suppose with the nearest Cabela's 3 hours away, I'll have to explore some of the other options listed above.

3hrs round trip? Because I am barely in HoCo the wrong way and I can get to Christiana mall in about 90 minutes if traffic is kind. The one in VA is about 10 minutes closer, but sales tax.

Plenty of other places have ammo a lot cheaper with either okay shipping prices if you are buying in bulk, or like Cabela’s, buy $50-100 worth and shipping is free. Cabela’s is usually my go to if I am just trying a couple of boxes of something and they carry it so I can get the free shipping or the occasional time they have a sale and I can stack on cheap gift cards to get s really good price.

SGAmmo and recently Outdoor Limited seem to typically have the best prices on most things and the $11-20 in shipping isn’t bad if you figure I might be buying 12-50 boxes of ammo and saving $1-4 a box compared to a lot of other places.

S&WDDS

Feb 26, 2015
    Howard County
    3hrs round trip? Because I am barely in HoCo the wrong way and I can get to Christiana mall in about 90 minutes if traffic is kind. The one in VA is about 10 minutes closer, but sales tax.

Plenty of other places have ammo a lot cheaper with either okay shipping prices if you are buying in bulk, or like Cabela’s, buy $50-100 worth and shipping is free. Cabela’s is usually my go to if I am just trying a couple of boxes of something and they carry it so I can get the free shipping or the occasional time they have a sale and I can stack on cheap gift cards to get s really good price.

SGAmmo and recently Outdoor Limited seem to typically have the best prices on most things and the $11-20 in shipping isn’t bad if you figure I might be buying 12-50 boxes of ammo and saving $1-4 a box compared to a lot of other places.

Yeah, I should have said round trip. I usually stop at Christiana Mall on my way to or from family in NJ. Never been to the Cabela's in VA, but I do get to the one in Wheeling (obviously farther) when taking my daughter back and forth to Columbus for school. I agree that they seem to be reasonably priced for a few boxes of something to try, but I will definitely try the SGAmmo and Outdoor limited for bulkier buys...Thanks!

Ashecrimson

Apr 11, 2018
    Agree

The ammo was just average at best! Shipping sucked!
    Customer service should have been renamed, I don't know, that's all I know.

Good for the industry that a bad producer of ammo and service is gone.

I agree with you their shipping was super slow. I've moved to sgammo and targetsportsusa.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah, I should have said round trip. I usually stop at Christiana Mall on my way to or from family in NJ. Never been to the Cabela's in VA, but I do get to the one in Wheeling (obviously farther) when taking my daughter back and forth to Columbus for school. I agree that they seem to be reasonably priced for a few boxes of something to try, but I will definitely try the SGAmmo and Outdoor limited for bulkier buys...Thanks!

You’re welcome. I’ve only ordered form SGAmmo and Outdoor limited a couple of times each, but both shipped pretty fast and reasonable shipping charges with great price. Outdoor limited seems to be slightly better prices than SGAmmo, but very close and SGAmmo tends to have about 2-3x the selection. So if looking for less common calibers or loadings off the beaten path they are a better source than Outdoor limited.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    Purchased 9mm from them when they had free shipping deals. Never had a single complaint with their remanufactured ammo. Great range ammo for the money IMO

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I agree with you their shipping was super slow. I've moved to sgammo and targetsportsusa.
    I like these two as well. Also order from Outdoor Limited and Underwood for some types of ammo. Occasionally try to support LuckyGunner as I enjoy their YouTube channel.

An update of sorts from Military Arms Channel re Freedom Munitions ...

Hey everyone,

So you probably heard that Freedom Munitions is going through a bankruptcy. At this time they are still open and shipping orders. For a short time while they were running a sale our discount code of "MAC" was not active. The sale is now over.

You may now use the discount code of "MAC" on the Freedom Munitions website and get a 6% discount on all products. Freedom is a bit slower than most on shipping because of their remote location in Idaho. I spoke with them today and their orders will ship while they are going through the chapter 11 to reorganize, they are not going out of business apparently. I will continue to feature their ammo from time to time on MAC. I will find out here soon if I will still be able to resume month ammo giveaways here on Patreon. Here is their URL:

https://www.freedommunitions.com/

However, I am now working with LAX Ammo. You may have seen their ammo shown in my recent SAR 9 video. They generally have the lowest prices anywhere on the internet if you use a site like Ammoseek.com to shop for prices. They have very thin profit margins because of their low prices. Despite this, if you use the discount code "MAC" on their site you will get a 3% discount on all items, not just their LAX branded items. They sell a lot of different brands and I am the only one offering a 3% discount on ALL products. They ship faster due to their location being very close to a major hub (they're in California). Here is their URL:

https://www.laxammo.com/

I am new to the LAX Ammo brand but so far I've liked what I see. I will likely use a diverse mixture of their ammo offerings (different brands) in my videos going forward. I want to try and keep a stock of different popular brands to test firearms with so you will have a better idea of how the firearms I'm featuring function with ammo you may use.

Thanks everyone!

Tim

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom