• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fotografiti

Apr 22, 2017
    Eastern shore
    Hi, having joined a while back and lurked seeking knowledge, I now have many more questions than I started with.
    Hoping to find others with interests in older guns. Big fan of military weapons and there development around the world from mid 1800s to WWII.
    Oh and if anyone has info on getting my HQL on the eastern shore, a local contact would be appreciated:)

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 190

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Hi, having joined a while back and lurked seeking knowledge, I now have many more questions than I started with.
    Hoping to find others with interests in older guns. Big fan of military weapons and there development around the world from mid 1800s to WWII.
    Oh and if anyone has info on getting my HQL on the eastern shore, a local contact would be appreciated:)

Welcome!

What part of the Eastern Shore? There are several good HQL instructors up and down the shore

fotografiti

Apr 22, 2017
    Eastern shore
    Thanks for the welcome. I live just outside Easton in Talbot co. Thanks for the links, Dave. I need to look through and see how to post some pictures.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Thanks for the welcome. I live just outside Easton in Talbot co. Thanks for the links, Dave. I need to look through and see how to post some pictures.

Welcome. In order to post pictures, hit "Post reply" then click on the paperclip icon, it will open a new window, then choose a file that is saved to your computer and hit "upload"

DentonDog

May 18, 2017
    Caroline Co, MD
    Welcome aboard, fotografiti! Must be a neighbor. I'm in the Denton area. You asked about HQL classes. I got mine from Caroline Shooting Academy. Dan is an excellent instructor and he has a great on-site range to go with it. His facebook page might be worth a look. https://www.facebook.com/CarolineShootingAcademy/

Have done business with the Gunfighter and with Black Anchor Armory. Both are fine local Denton businesses if you're interested in purchasing a gun.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Welcome from Salisbury Md. We are Atlantic Tactical Firearms Training. We give HQL classes two to three times a month. You can call 410-546-0003 or go to our website at
    https://salisburyfirearmsacademy under Calendar. You can also look us up in the Mdshooters Industry Partiner section

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Welcome aboard, fotografiti! Must be a neighbor. I'm in the Denton area. You asked about HQL classes. I got mine from Caroline Shooting Academy. Dan is an excellent instructor and he has a great on-site range to go with it. His facebook page might be worth a look. https://www.facebook.com/CarolineShootingAcademy/

Have done business with the Gunfighter and with Black Anchor Armory. Both are fine local Denton businesses if you're interested in purchasing a gun.

Dan's HQL class is an even greater infringement of your rights than our onerous laws. Dan requires higher display of proficency than MD requires for HQL.

Its nice to offer more instruction for free, its wrong to demand students exceed the legal requirement before granting the certificate.

DentonDog

May 18, 2017
    Caroline Co, MD
    Dan's HQL class is an even greater infringement of your rights than our onerous laws. Dan requires higher display of proficency than MD requires for HQL.

Its nice to offer more instruction for free, its wrong to demand students exceed the legal requirement before granting the certificate.

Mark, you must me referring to some other Dan than Dan Nelson. I took my HQL training at Caroline Shooting Academy and there were no requirements other than the standard HQL requirements.

If I'm wrong, I'd like to hear more details to your complaint.

DentonDog

May 18, 2017
    Caroline Co, MD
    He told me he would not issue a HQL certificate to a student who only fired one shot.

Oh, that. I was really happy to be able to fire more than one shot. To me it was a privilege to be able to fire 50 or so shots at Dan's range. Why would you want to fire only one shot?

The HQL application page states that the course include: "Orientation component that demonstrates the person’s safe operation and handling of a firearm, to include a “live fire” component in which the applicant safely shoots the weapon." Seems that number of rounds fired to pass this can be at the discretion of the instructor. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom