• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    What if other states took to the same..and not honor Maryland driver's license..so the bottom line is the U.S. Constitution is moot to Maryland..Guns and Roses should been "Welcome to Plantation"..Sheeple keep these idiots in office..What are they truly getting from them..??

I could be wrong but the idiots are the ones keeping themselves in office through gerrymandering ... soon to be discussed by SCOTUS.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I could be wrong but the idiots are the ones keeping themselves in office through gerrymandering ... soon to be discussed by SCOTUS.

No, the idiots are the ones who voted in those assholes in the first place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    I'd love if the pro 2A states could tell the anti-gun states that they will not accept their drivers licenses. Tie drivers licenses to carry permits.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I'd love if the pro 2A states could tell the anti-gun states that they will not accept their drivers licenses. Tie drivers licenses to carry permits.

Again with the Driver's License comparisons??!!

Not you, but we hear this way too often.

COTUS covers the cross-state situation quite well for non-enumerated items such as the privilege of a DL, or a professional certification (with some limitations), or free passage and commerce.

If the COTUS already passively handles those, then an ENUMERATED Right shouldn't even be an issue! That states like MD already restrict your rights--ANY of them--is abhorrent, and there should not (in strict Constitutional terms) even be a discussion on reciprocity.

Rights overrule privileges.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Don't conflate a right with a privilege.

The Driver License Compact between the states handles DL reciprocity.

COTUS should be the appropriate foundation for carry

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

I'd much rather see the anti gun states unable to supply their employees with things they need to do their jobs. Brass and lead would be 2 of those things.

Didn't S&W do this many years ago to California over microstamping?

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    I fully understand the right vs priviledge issue. That is what I was trying to articulate. If it is not good enough to acknowledge the exercise of a right, identified in the COTUS as such there should be no issue with backing that up and denying a privilege as a means of "pain" to those denying that right. How long do you think the Pols would hold out if their consitituents were screaming at them about not being able to drive in a adjacent state?

Right now, you deny a right and we sit around and grumble about it. You deny that privilege to drive and people would be tearing down legislative buildings in days.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I'd much rather see the anti gun states unable to supply their employees with things they need to do their jobs. Brass and lead would be 2 of those things.

Didn't S&W do this many years ago to California over microstamping?

I'm pretty sure Barrett stopped selling to California awhile back. I'm sure some out of state FFL would do a transfer however.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    You didn’t answer how the state would deal with the other state then denying DL recognition to the other state.

The other state feels the sting too

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I fully understand the right vs priviledge issue. That is what I was trying to articulate. If it is not good enough to acknowledge the exercise of a right, identified in the COTUS as such there should be no issue with backing that up and denying a privilege as a means of "pain" to those denying that right. How long do you think the Pols would hold out if their consitituents were screaming at them about not being able to drive in a adjacent state?

Right now, you deny a right and we sit around and grumble about it. You deny that privilege to drive and people would be tearing down legislative buildings in days.

There's a lot of voting power behind the privilege to drive.

Virtually no voting power behind people who want to carry.

The number of those who want carry is miniscule in comparison.

And those who reside in those legislative buildings know that.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    There's a lot of voting power behind the privilege to drive.

Virtually no voting power behind people who want to carry.

The number of those who want carry is miniscule in comparison.

And those who reside in those legislative buildings know that.

And they also know that we're way too law abiding to actually use force against them.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I don't think it's going to happen, because I don't think the spineless Republican leadership wants it to happen. Oh they'll make sure the senators from the pro-gun states get to vote yes and keep their elected position secure. But there won't be 60 as has been said, and they will not change the rules for this one. Leadership is too afraid of being blamed by the media any time anyone with an OOS permit were to do anything wrong.

A year in power with majorities in both houses and they've thrown it away. Nothing significant except a shit tax bill that barely makes a difference to the middle class working people (IMHO). And once the next elections come up watch the dems recapture a majority in at last one house and we then have gridlock for the remainder of Trump's term.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    The Republicans are expected to win more seats in the Senate in the 2018 Midterms. They can hold onto this bill for a long time, there’s no need to rush this.

There are about 10 Senate Democrats in states Trump won, many of them are red states such as MT, ND, OH, WV, MS, FL, etc. They are favored to win most of these. I don’t believe in this bs “Democratic wave” considering GOP won all 7 special elections for House seats.

In summer 2018 they could go from 51 to 57-61. Giving them a much larger majority, I mean winning red states shouldn’t be too hard for them it is favorable conditions. Obviously they would have to keep their current seats, nonetheless they are expected to increase their majority.

Once they have their numbers they can then pass it in the Senate.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    The Republicans are expected to win more seats in the Senate in the 2018 Midterms. They can hold onto this bill for a long time, there’s no need to rush this.

There are about 10 Senate Democrats in states Trump won, many of them are red states such as MT, ND, OH, WV, MS, FL, etc. They are favored to win most of these. I don’t believe in this bs “Democratic wave” considering GOP won all 7 special elections for House seats.

In summer 2018 they could go from 51 to 57-61. Giving them a much larger majority, I mean winning red states shouldn’t be too hard for them it is favorable conditions. Obviously they would have to keep their current seats, nonetheless they are expected to increase their majority.

It would be a rare occurrence if the GOP were to retain its present number of seats in both chambers. The ruling party loses seats in the midterms. To actually gain ground? That would astonish me.

I wonder how much governing will be done in 2018. Too many bought and paid for suits trying to distance themselves from Trump to bother exercising their majority.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

Unfortunately they will need both houses to get anything done. I think they may hold the Senate by a thin margin. May. Unless things change drastically they are very likely going to lose the House. The media is doing a good job making swing voters unhappy with the GOP. And the GOP is doing a good job making its own voters unhappy with the GOP. They had an opportunity to win the hearts of the middle class with a true tax relief bill. Instead they chose to pass a damn shell game that takes away as much as it gives for most middle class people. I've never seen a group of folks so adept at snatching defeat from victory. Sure the corporate tax rate reduction is important, but those effects will not be felt soon enough to affect the 2018 elections (not that the media will give Trump credit for any improvements it brings anyway). And then there's the ever-sinking GOP polling numbers with female voters. It is not a pretty landscape ahead.

Once they get one house under control it will be like George H.W. Bush's years all over again. Gridlock, gridlock, gridlock.

I really hope I'm wrong. But I think the sad truth is anything the Republicans want to get done in the next three years they need to do before the next midterms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom