MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The 2.25" SP101 does look nice.

It is available in 9mm too.

5781.jpg

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Mr Jones if you do link up with Pete get in contact with me. I've literally got a truck load of wheel guns your wife is welcome to try. I wouldn't mind finally getting to shoot with Pete too.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    OK, a few more comments. First off, I second MPDC's suggestion at Gunbroker. I really like these ugly guns.

Second, a Smith M10 in short barrel is bulkier and heavier than a J-frame. I like the idea, but for me the iconic M10 has a 4" heavy barrel.

Third, one can find J-frame Smith 36 & 37 with 3" barrels. I got mine with a C&R license a few years ago. Little increase in weight, big difference in sighting plane. Worth considering if the hammer spur is not an issue.

I'm not clear if this is going to be a bedside gun, or something to wear around the house, or a full-bore carry piece. Obviously potential mission requirements vary.

Buffalo Bore makes the traditional FBI "flying ashtray" in 38spl; they use low-flash powder to minimise the effects of flash on night vision. Good Idea. They also make a similar 38spl in hard-cast wadcutter format, which I might prefer. I like the damage that wadcutters can inflict, at least in theory. You're looking at a buck and a quarter per shot, but it's probably worth it.

I''m not much of a target shooter, but I can get good groups with a snubby if I take my time. I think most of the Smiths mentioned will shoot to point of aim with 150-158gr bullets at reasonable distances, so I opt for a heavier, if slower, projectile.

Buffalo Bore link: https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=23

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    Mr Jones if you do link up with Pete get in contact with me. I've literally got a truck load of wheel guns your wife is welcome to try. I wouldn't mind finally getting to shoot with Pete too.

He helped me build my upper on my 6.8 AR. That's my favorite to shoot by far. I'm gonna text him and see what works for him.

If you're going to get a Taurus 85, get it now. Taurus is discountinuing the 85 along with the Rossi by Taurus revolvers.

The only way the 85 is going away is if Taurus goes under. That model has been out since the 80s.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Put me down for the Taurus 605 snubby. Only 5 shots, but fun little gun. I have the cool modern tactical guns, big frame & really big frame revolvers, but shooting a Friend’s Rossi 357 snubby years ago made me a big fan of the lil’ guys. Just fun to shoot (& kinda exhilarating w/357 loads in the tiny package). Brand new I believe the Taurus is $299 MSRP, on the street for much less, used even better. Probably not the gun the Ruger SP101 or S&W is, but still puts a smile on my face and a whole bunch cheaper.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    He helped me build my upper on my 6.8 AR. That's my favorite to shoot by far. I'm gonna text him and see what works for him.

Lets do it fellas!!

I don't have quite as many as you :) but I have some head turners for sure as far as the snub nose game is concerned. I'd actually love for someone else to shoot my Manurhin as well and tell me i'm wrong and it does fire rainbows and hookers.

On a side note WTH helped to the Korth Sky Marshal it was supposed to eventually be here but I haven't seen any news since 2015?

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    OK, a few more comments. First off, I second MPDC's suggestion at Gunbroker. I really like these ugly guns.

Second, a Smith M10 in short barrel is bulkier and heavier than a J-frame. I like the idea, but for me the iconic M10 has a 4" heavy barrel.

Third, one can find J-frame Smith 36 & 37 with 3" barrels. I got mine with a C&R license a few years ago. Little increase in weight, big difference in sighting plane. Worth considering if the hammer spur is not an issue.

I'm not clear if this is going to be a bedside gun, or something to wear around the house, or a full-bore carry piece. Obviously potential mission requirements vary.

Buffalo Bore makes the traditional FBI "flying ashtray" in 38spl; they use low-flash powder to minimise the effects of flash on night vision. Good Idea. They also make a similar 38spl in hard-cast wadcutter format, which I might prefer. I like the damage that wadcutters can inflict, at least in theory. You're looking at a buck and a quarter per shot, but it's probably worth it.

I''m not much of a target shooter, but I can get good groups with a snubby if I take my time. I think most of the Smiths mentioned will shoot to point of aim with 150-158gr bullets at reasonable distances, so I opt for a heavier, if slower, projectile.

Buffalo Bore link: https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=23

This is my model 37 snubby. It's still a great shooter.
    a417d6a9579f2d8a98945cb0c7810c31.jpg

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I don't have quite as many as you :) but I have some head turners for sure as far as the snub nose game is concerned. I'd actually love for someone else to shoot my Manurhin as well and tell me i'm wrong and it does fire rainbows and hookers.

On a side note WTH helped to the Korth Sky Marshal it was supposed to eventually be here but I haven't seen any news since 2015?

I tried to buy the Korth (they changed the name... arggg) recently, found it not available.

Regarding your Manurhin rainbow hookers... just say when.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Get on Quantico Tactical's emailing list and wait for these to come back http://www.quanticotactical.com/asp...ade Ins&CMNum=293&CMSNum=1732&CMSN=Revolvers> $325. They went fast, but QT is getting more in.

I love mine. Can get one new right now for $320. Free shipping and $50 rebate makes out the door cost $330. That's about as good as it gets.

Only thing I would do though is contact SMGA to be absolutely positive it's the airweight as they have the SDVE in the specs

https://www.smga.com/p-101647-sw-163810-642-1875-38spl-stsalum-cent.aspx

EDIT: My go to ffl charges $50 for transfers (which I happily pay for the service I receive) so if yours is cheaper it gets even better :)

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom