• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Hogan has NO power to change any gun laws passed. He has NO veto power, that wouldn't get overridden. He has NO balls. He does have a brain to tip his odds at a second term. If he gets that second term, nothing will change. He has also chosen to ignore our side.

Except after the last session of an election term.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I am playing the long game. I will not vote for Hogan in the primary as a symbolic gesture. Maybe I will do a write in. Then let's see how the MGA races look. Again, in the general I may just abstain from voting for governor in favor of a write-in. The most important thing is to change the General Assembly makeup. If we can eliminate the veto proof majority, then maybe they won't be so pompous. They have shown their hand - any time Hogan makes a decision they don't like, they just pass a law that takes that power away from the governor.

We are living in an oligarchic state run by the Mikes and Frosh-hole.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I think the reality is that nothing is going to dramatically change soon in MD in reference to gun rights and carry rights. Any changes would likely come through the courts, rather than legislation. I think it is foolish to vote AGAINST Hogan by any conservative in Maryland. I can promise you that Hogan is as conservative as we will get right now. I can promise you that things can get much worse, very quickly, if conservative voters obstain from voting or vote against Hogan.

I realize this forum is pro 2A, but there are a lot of other things that we stand to lose with another 8 straight years of Democrat rule.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Hogan has been a complete and utter disappointment as far as I'm concerned. I would vote against him even if it resulted in the election of a POS. Because really, what's the difference?

You really want an OweMalley clone in office???

BTW, the dunderhead is making Internet noises again.

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    Guess Hogan is the only option. Maybe he'll grow a pair...nope, not likely. Damned if you do, really damned if you don't. FUBAR

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Democrats also lack a supermajority in NJ. 27 votes are required to override a veto in NJ.

Until 2017, Democrats only had 24 votes. In 2018 they had 25.

True..

But, Hogan could have vetoed these bills since it was an election year and not had them overturned. At least that's how I read it on the MGA website, I may be wrong though.

Last edited:

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    "Not vote for Hogan in the Primary" ? He is unopposed in the Primary .

I refused to vote for Hogan in the primary too (did early voting). That'll show em!

In reality, Hogan only pretended to care about gun owners because he felt he needed the votes. Today he enjoys a 70% approval rating. I don't think he's worried about my vote.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    True..

But, Hogan could have vetoed these bills since it was an election year and not had them vetoed. At least that's how I read it on the MGA website, I may be wrong though.

You understand and read that correctly.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Could it be that those willing to accept the slow incremental strides of gun control vary depending on age? The younger you are the more damn the torpedos and "screw hogan I'd rather a dem who we know want more and more then the small steps of the rino." And maybe older guys want the slower pace as by the time, they hope, by the time it gets too bad they won't care for one reason or another.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Could it be that those willing to accept the slow incremental strides of gun control vary depending on age? The younger you are the more damn the torpedos and "screw hogan I'd rather a dem who we know want more and more then the small steps of the rino." And maybe older guys want the slower pace as by the time, they hope, by the time it gets too bad they won't care for one reason or another.

I don’t know, I’m 63 and Hogan has lost me with his anti COTUS positions. fred55

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

I'd rather have the fight with a guy who otherwise is NOT raising my taxes and going full retard on gun control.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    As much as I would like to punish my good kid, for the same reason I would punish my bad kid, I just can't do it. The good out weights (sp) the bad.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom