• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    My only beef with Cannon is that these safes USUALLY only have locking bolts on ONE SIDE of the door.

If they sold safes with locking bolts on all 4 I would buy one in a heartbeat

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Do they move it inside, or only curbside delivery?

I actually got one from Costco a while back and the driver back his truck up to my garage and put it in my garage for me.

I had to position it but he got it 95% of the way there.

Chris

UncleJim

Jun 25, 2008
    My issue is a tight turn and steps to get it where I want it. It would be a 100% man-handling evolution at a certain point. Prob need a small crew or a gorilla or two to make it happen.

Roos85

May 15, 2011
    Moco, MD
    That thing is nice looking. I would love to have one. Maybe when I move out and dont use my dads gun cabinet anymore I will get something like that

Trapper

I'm a member too.
    Feb 19, 2009
    Western AA county
    I wonder if that USB port is v3.0 compliant and the Ethernet jack supports 1Gb/s. If not, it's already obsolete.

By the looks of it, the USB port is probably only 2.0.
    The ethernet port is an 8-wire pass through, so it should support up to 10GB (not that many home users need/can afford that at this point).

Mark C

Jul 6, 2008
    Mine was delivered into the garage, no questions asked, no tip necessary. But it was a straight shot on flat asphalt, almost would have been silly not to roll it into the garage.

Mine has bolts on just the one side, but the door fits inside the frame on the opposite side, essentially one big bolt.

Other safes have more bolts, but I couldn't find anything anywhere close in price in a similar size with a UL RSC rating.

vette97

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Mark C, what kind of throughput are you getting through the USB connection?

Trapper, thanks for the head's up on the 10GB. May as well put the house file server in the safe.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    The safe I ordered through Costco several years ago (5?) I had four delivery guys, who came with the truck, take it down a flight of stairs to the basement. No additional fees necessary.

Fluke?

UncleJim

Jun 25, 2008
    The safe I ordered through Costco several years ago (5?) I had four delivery guys, who came with the truck, take it down a flight of stairs to the basement. No additional fees necessary.

Fluke?

I guess it's luck of the draw. I called Costco and they reiterated that it would only be curb side delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom