• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    been thinking of getting one of these for my son

Naturally my boy liked the tacticool look. It is good for smaller shooter, everything adjusts. I'm kind of stuck shooting it like a pistol after his settings. We have a Bushnell Rimfire 3-12 40mm , and really impressed with it. Has parallax adjustment, and a turret setup for 22. I took it to NRA where it's 50yds, and previous we were shooting 100yd. I dialed down the scope elevation according to CCI bullet drop chart, and my first shot was in the center, really surprised me.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Naturally my boy liked the tacticool look. It is good for smaller shooter, everything adjusts. I'm kind of stuck shooting it like a pistol after his settings. We have a Bushnell Rimfire 3-12 40mm , and really impressed with it. Has parallax adjustment, and a turret setup for 22. I took it to NRA where it's 50yds, and previous we were shooting 100yd. I dialed down the scope elevation according to CCI bullet drop chart, and my first shot was in the center, really surprised me.

You obviously need a second one so you can adjust it to fit you.:innocent0

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    You obviously need a second one so you can adjust it to fit you.:innocent0

:D

Went NRA yesterday, out of 80 rds with the rifle, I shot 15. We brought a BuckMark too, I managed to shoot one magazine with that..
    My boy was shooting at 50yd. We reel in the target and three big holes about 6" below center across the target. He looks at it like "wtf"? I point to the lane to our left. Shooter with .40cal missing the paper at 5yds.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    We were at the Undisclosed Location this weekend. Starting the shooting festivities on Friday afternoon, from the back deck. There’s a set of small-ish gongs meant for use from down the hill at the Gatzebo, but they’re also visible from the cabin’s back deck at just over a hundred yards across the pond.

Mrs. Occam and Mrs. Best Friend both had a go with the RPR, using some suppressed 22LR Winchester subsonics (laughably quiet!) at the ten inch gong. Ding! Ding! Great way to start the weekend. Had to walk almost six feet to the cocktails afterwards.

[YT]j2Kgjx-XXKU[/YT]

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Two friends bought the takedown Ruger 10/22s and they were horribly inaccurate at long distance. One of them picked up one of the Ruger precision 22s and it hits center mass size steel plate at 300 yards every shot.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Two friends bought the takedown Ruger 10/22s and they were horribly inaccurate at long distance. One of them picked up one of the Ruger precision 22s and it hits center mass size steel plate at 300 yards every shot.

Also, this weekend, shot a hopped-up 10/22 with a new barrel from a company in Idaho. Quite accurate! But the RPR is a tack driver. Might be a bit less consistent with the suppressor, but if noobs can get well inSide the pie plate at over 100 yards with no ears on, works for me!

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I’ve had an unfired brand new RPR rimfire in my safe since last fall. Haven’t gotten around to getting glass for it yet. Need to get on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Still amazed how a little 22lr round can go out that far. Did not know they made atlatls for rimfire. Hahaha

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    ssPd6no.png

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick

I don't often quote myself...

Just realized I should have been more precise in my wording. The takedown 10/22s, both of them, were not inaccurate per se, but when taken down and put back together they would not remotely hold zero.

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    I don't often quote myself...

Just realized I should have been more precise in my wording. The takedown 10/22s, both of them, were not inaccurate per se, but when taken down and put back together they would not remotely hold zero.

You said it well. I have also found Takedowns to be too imprecise for long range events. When using a sling in the Appleseed environment out to 200 yards, you just can't get repeatable deflection on the barrel and the receiver mounted scope. So the groups not only open up, they aren't consistently in the same place. Maybe it would be better with a consistently loaded bipod or sandbag. It might be fun to put together a precision Takedown rig with a barrel-mounted cantilever scope and see what it could do - I imagine it would match a precision 10/22. That would also solve the reassembly zero issue.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    My goal was to just get on paper this morning... not too bad for the first time out and "ballparking" a zero without a borescope... only took 5 shots to start hitting bulls. She does seem to like the expensive food...
    Ruger American with: Aguila Match; Eley Target; and Remington Golden Bullet (10 shot groups @ 25 yards). I haven't Locktite'd anything since I'll definitely be getting a better scope and mount.

Attachments

• 20201024_100254.jpg
      20201024_100254.jpg
      67.1 KB · Views: 220
    • 20201024_100258.jpg
      20201024_100258.jpg
      67.7 KB · Views: 240
    • 20201024_100303.jpg
      20201024_100303.jpg
      75.9 KB · Views: 235

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Hey All... I'm looking at optics for my Ruger American Rimfire Target... what are all of you running? If you had to do it all over again, what would you change... if anything? Thanks in advance...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom