Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Edged Weapons
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old October 17th, 2020, 09:57 PM #31

So i can carry brass knuckles?

(i) “Weapon” includes a dirk knife, bowie knife, switchblade knife, star knife, sandclub, metal knuckles, razor, and nunchaku.

(ii) “Weapon” does not include:

1. a handgun; or

2. a penknife without a switchblade.

(b) This section does not prohibit the following individuals from carrying a weapon:

Nobody
Nobody is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2020, 11:26 PM #32
HVAC Expert

HVAC Expert

I don't know about this exact case, but acts passed by the legislature are not what is enforced, what is enforced is what is written in COMAR. Not unusual to find these differ.

Thus, the only inquiry that this Court should conduct is to determine whether the firearms prohibited by the Act are protected by the Second Amendment. Because they are, the Act is simply unconstitutional.
Mark75H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2020, 01:12 AM #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry M View Post
Please site your source for this statement. It is opposite of a letter I received from MSP when I asked them about carrying a sheath knife when I had a carry permit. They said specifically my permit covered only "legal handguns".
MSP statements do not always reflect the actuality of the law, nor are their interpretations of the law necessarily correct. They have a history of stating what they would like to believe to be the law.

"Forget it, Jake, it's C̶h̶i̶n̶a̶t̶o̶w̶n̶ Maryland."

Originally Posted by Deep Lurker:
Quote:
Disclaimer: No criminals will be harmed in the passage of these gun control bills.
Bob A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2020, 01:52 AM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
But is it legal to order one shipped to your home in Maryland if you're not special ?
Id like clarification on this too. When I put my address in on BladeHQ or Knifecenter it tells me its against federal law to ship automatic knives across state lines and the sale is stopped. Ive learned via other forums people in other states order autos all the time from BladeHQ and Knifecenter. So why the Md prohibition and why lie about it being against fed law?
MSI member
Meade Rod & Gun Club member
Meade Rifle & Pistol Club member
INMY01TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2020, 08:13 AM #35

Im not too sure about the shipping but there sure are a lot of ors in option #1 on their website.
Restrictions

*1. This item is restricted
Auto law & Legal Status Terms IN COMPLIANCE WITH FEDERAL STATUTES:
U.S. Federal law prohibits shipment of automatic knives across state lines, with the following exceptions:
(1) to civilian or Armed Forces supply or procurement officers and employees of the Federal Government ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in connection with the activities of the Federal Government;
(2) to supply or procurement officers of the National Guard, the Air National guard, or militia of a state, territory or the District of Columbia ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in the connection with the activities of such organization;
(3) to supply or procurement officers or employees of the municipal government of the District of Columbia or the government of any State or Territory, or any county, city or other political subdivision of a State or Territory;
(4) to manufacturers of such knives or bona fide dealers therein in connection with any shipment made pursuant of an order from any person designated in paragraphs (1), (2), and (3).
I do not meet any of the criteria above.
Old October 18th, 2020, 08:30 AM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Im not too sure about the shipping but there sure are a lot of ors in option #1 on their website.
Restrictions

U.S. Federal law prohibits shipment of automatic knives across state lines, with the following exceptions:
(1) to civilian or Armed Forces supply or procurement officers and employees of the Federal Government ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in connection with the activities of the Federal Government;
(2) to supply or procurement officers of the National Guard, the Air National guard, or militia of a state, territory or the District of Columbia ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in the connection with the activities of such organization;
(3) to supply or procurement officers or employees of the municipal government of the District of Columbia or the government of any State or Territory, or any county, city or other political subdivision of a State or Territory;
(4) to manufacturers of such knives or bona fide dealers therein in connection with any shipment made pursuant of an order from any person designated in paragraphs (1), (2), and (3).
In other states it seems theyll ship them to anyone though.
MSI member
Meade Rod & Gun Club member
Meade Rifle & Pistol Club member
INMY01TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2020, 08:31 AM #37
HVAC Expert

HVAC Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob A View Post
MSP statements do not always reflect the actuality of the law, nor are their interpretations of the law necessarily correct. They have a history of stating what they would like you to believe to be the law.
FIFY

Thus, the only inquiry that this Court should conduct is to determine whether the firearms prohibited by the Act are protected by the Second Amendment. Because they are, the Act is simply unconstitutional.
Mark75H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2020, 08:36 AM #38
Confederate Jew

Confederate Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Restrictions

I advocate breaking no laws, but if one orders on grindworx.com, and one checks box 4 supra, one will receive items. Or so I've heard.

One may be on the business end of a no-knock one day.

Old October 18th, 2020, 08:39 AM #39

Support a local West Virginia business if you want an auto knaf.
JerseyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2020, 08:48 AM #40
Confederate Jew

Confederate Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMike View Post
Support a local West Virginia business if you want an auto knaf.
Why not post more information?

Like:

Support a local Virginia business and go to Vienna Armory if you want an auto knife (perfectly legal for Maryland residents to do so).

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Edged Weapons