• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Anyone here have 1? Got to shoot 1 last weekend and really liked it ! Have been reading reviews, and watching videos. Was curious if anyone here has 1 or has played with 1?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Atlantic guns (Silver Spring) sells them and knows how to make them MD legal, since the 18" barrels are not available. The are using IIRC the Smith and Wesson MP10 muzzle device, which gets you over the 29" OAL. One down side for the "MD compliant" version with 16" barrel is that the permanently affixed muzzle device prevents the use of a suppressor. I may or may not have fondled one at the range recently (I dont kiss and tell ;) ). The 556 version is not out - I am not sure what the MD compliance plan will be for the 556 barrels. 308 bullpup is definitely a beast!

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I just placed an order for a DTI mdr 762 from Atlantic guns.

They are availed in MD with the original 16” barrel with welded/pinned extension and muzzle device. Or a 20” barreled version that is around 30” oal.

I opted for the 20” variant.

Should ship out in the next two weeks. If you’re interested , contact Mark at the silver spring store

Attachments

• E6083D1F-09D2-4706-B950-DD0ED3030715.jpg
      E6083D1F-09D2-4706-B950-DD0ED3030715.jpg
      27.4 KB · Views: 1,484
    Last edited:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    I see they have the 20" 223 conversion kits now too!

I just placed an order for a DTI mdr 762 from Atlantic guns.

They are availed in MD with the original 16” barrel with welded/pinned extension and muzzle device. Or a 20” barreled version that is greater than 29” oal.

I opted for the 20” variant.

Should ship out in the next two weeks. If you’re interested , contact Mark at the silver spring store

... also, fixed for you. 20" barrel will make it 30.2" and MD (and CA) compliant.

.... and you can put a supressor on it unlike some compliant Tavors...

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I see they have the 20" 223 conversion kits now too!

... also, fixed for you. 20" barrel will make it 30.2" and MD (and CA) compliant.

.... and you can put a supressor on it unlike some compliant Tavors...[/QUOTE

Typo ... you’re right. It’s over 30” oal with the 20” barrel.

Thanks.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I’m hoping that DTI fixed all the issues that were being reported from gen1 guns.

From what I was told. DTI redesigned the gas plug, it now a 6 position adjustable plug with improved port sizes. Installed a stronger hammer spring, Improved trigger , improved mag release, redesigned handguard with a cutout to access the gas system for adjustments.

The longer barrel (20”) should improve ballistic performance as well.

We will see... I’ll do a range report soon.

Now, I need to decide on an optic. I’m leaning towards the PS ACSS HUD 308 4-14x . Or maybe a 1-8x ffp scope.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I’m hoping that DTI fixed all the issues that were being reported from gen1 guns.

From what I was told. DTI redesigned the gas plug, it now a 6 position adjustable plug with improved port sizes. Installed a stronger hammer spring, Improved trigger , improved mag release, redesigned handguard with a cutout to access the gas system for adjustments.

The longer barrel (20”) should improve ballistic performance as well.

We will see... I’ll do a range report soon.

Now, I need to decide on an optic. I’m leaning towards the PS ACSS HUD 308 4-14x . Or maybe a 1-8x ffp scope.

I have had no issues so far with either of mine. I did send back my 308 for some upgrades. I like they had no issues doing that. the .223 is a great shooter !!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Depends how you look at it. The initial investment is more but for $650 you can get a conversion (barrel, bolt, mag well adapter) so you can have both 556 and 308. There is also a 300 blk and 6.5 creedmoor conversion kit. The 556 barrel kit is on order (650 including shipping) I'll post some pics. But this gun converts to 4 calibers, or more you just need the converson.

Also, unlike all the Tavors I have seen, there is a 20" compliant MDR version which allows supressor use. In free america that does not matter, but in MD it does. I absolutely plan to run mine supressed.

I would say offhand that the Tavor has more aftermarket accessories like upgraded trigger options. The MDR is not a bad trigger and I get good accuracy from the 308. Also, Tavor is battle tested over many years. MDR is new and version 1.0 did have some issues (which are now fixed).

Overall I think that this is a very good bullpup. There are pluses and minuses vs the Tavor, depends what you value.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I have a couple of tavor rifles. I like them. I was initially going to get the tavor7. But I really don’t want the barrel extension/ muzzle devices that need to be pinned and welded for compliance in MD.

I’m still waiting on my MDRX . I’ll do a honest comparison when the MDRX shows up. Hopefully, soon.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    saw a video on the X looks like they have made a few improvements. the trigger on the MDR out of the box is pretty nice. curious as to how much lighter they have made it?

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Overall length with the compensator attached is about 32”. Thats with a 20” barrel.

It’s still substantially shorter than most 308 rifles with similar barrel lengths.

Note:
    Compared to an m1A with a 22” pipe.

Attachments

• 725BC1DF-AAD1-45BD-B308-6D4028667372.jpg
      725BC1DF-AAD1-45BD-B308-6D4028667372.jpg
      106.1 KB · Views: 554

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    good timing and good choice on the scope. The apocalypse is nigh.

Oddly, i like the black more than the FDE. Nice!

I initially thought the 20” barrel would look ugly like the PS90. It kinda like blended well with the optic and contours of the weapon

The added weight on the front made it balance right on the pistol grip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom